Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2016 edited

I was looking over these maps and realized I had only redone my surface maps, not the dungeon ones.

The first one is the CC2 surface map of Khilla Keep, and the second is a redo of the same map.
      khilla01b.png
      khilla01bb.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2016 edited

All of these are now updated to look better. I converted them form CC2 to CC3. I have some newer maps I made, but many of the rooms, levels, and traps are completely redone. The downloads page on my site, the zip file is now 19.8 megabytes. It includes the room text.

downloads page

adventure start page
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2017

Well... I was going to show a remap of this... and it looks like I already did it... but I cannot find the second set of maps shown above, just the png files.

So, here is a new start. The walls need a big redo. But I need to work on some other items.
      khilla01bb.png
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2017

Oh wow Jim! While I am very fond of CC2 vector art, the new version really looks good. Great Map!
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Thanks. There are some problems not shown in the png... the castle walls are made up of overlaping polys. And I misspelled siege.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

As I go through these maps... they are not very good. So I think I'll do them over from scratch, but I don't have time this year. Maybe in the Spring of 2018 I'll redo them.

My maps from the 1980s were never seen by the players, I used map pieces made from manila folders for that.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2017 edited

Well, I'm going to work on this for a bit. Here is the area map, made years after the above original map.

Khilla Keep is south of Potter, at the edge of the Barrier Hills. Added the Khilla Keep location.

Sraa Keep, Quasqueton, and Khilla Keep is where we started. Fondfield was the start town, at the local Inn, The Green Goose Inn and Stables.

Quasqueton, the Khilla, then Sraa.
      fondfieldarea01_0026b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP

30 square mile area around Khilla Keep. The gap in the hills is used by the Nomads on their raids into civilized areas.

I originally had Potter be the closest town to the border, but I decided to add these bits to the map so it wouldn't look too desolate.
      Khilla_area01b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP

While Khilla Keep looks a bit small on this map, the scale distance is 295 feet. each square is 1/2 a mile.
      Khilla_area02_0006b.png