Warhammer - Old World - Eternal Flame of Ulric (Middenheim)

My first attempt:

Essentially my reasoning is that Ulric struck a chasm with his Blitzbeil and the chasm crumbled a bit at the edges of the central rock. The Flame is burning blue and cold like a winter chill.
Later when this became a cultic site, the priests framed the rock with marble, set flagstones so that pilgrims would not stumble on the rough rock and set up six wolf statues to howl at the Flame in honour to Lord Ulric. Yet again later is has been ringed again with some bluish stone and golden inlays of chasing wolves and "U"s. The wolves chase each other anti-clockwise, clearly in some mythical relation to the passage of time. The site has also been ringed by four statues of fully armoured warriors, each about 8ft tall and facing outward and thus protecting the site from any threats. Given the design of the armour, these clearly have been added much later as the original Teutogen hardly had the smithing skills to work such armour. To smoothe the harsh light of the flame, four blazing fires have been arranged around the site.

Seeing the incredible Tower of the Fiendish Fire (http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=4967&page=1#Item_8) of Joachim de Ravenbel I actually realized that he put up nice tutorials on his Homepage (thanks for sharing !), I made another attempt.
Exhanging the white marble with red one destroyed the cold harsh bluish light, however.
On the other hand I wanted white marble to represent the inlay of one of the chasing wolves. The other is supposed to be a gold inlay ^^
I have still not found a good way/colour/whatever to display gold, btw. It just yellow, no matter what :-(
The flame is now actually a 'fire bitmap' adjusted (fumbled would be a better word) by an RGB matric to make it blue. Also a Glow added that just does not feel right either. Those flames of Joachim around his Tower are plain incredible, I utterly failed to reproduce them here. I maybe trying the tutorial hint of multiple wall multipolies Joachim suggests to put some cracks in the Stone around the flame like Lava turned blue, the way it is it does not look like a crevice at all
I don't know what struck me to represent the central rock. I'm not happy at all with it, maybe I should use a DD3 Symbol instead.

My second attempt

Any hints/suggestions/recommendations welcome.

Thanks

Comments