FCW32.exe crashes at launch (Solved)

Hi All,

So after a recent re-install of SS2 cc3+ now crashes upon launch with the error FCW32.exe has stopped working.

I am able to repair cc3+ and it will launch fine immediately after the repair is complete. However once i close the application and try and re-open it. it does the same thing.

I also installed cc3 and all my addons and it seems to work fine. This is only happening with cc3+

Using Windows 7 64bt

Any advice?

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Have you installed CC3+ Update 9?
  • Sometimes CC will always try open one of the last projects even though it wasn't the last one saved.

try open a map, instead of the program.
  • Hi Dogtag, yes i have. An even after a clean install i get a "repair" to install the update.

Hi Cobra, i thought that too, but still get the same thing.
  • Here is an example: Again this is after a complete fresh install. I have since uninstalled both cc3 and cc3+ and deleted the respective folders. Then i reinstall as a fresh install and have tried it with installing cc3 and without installing cc3 and only installing cc3+.
  • Double check and make sure the two installs, and their add-ons, are in separate folders for CC3 and CC3+. This sounds like CC3+ is finding add-ons not compaitble with it in its folders.

I know the install programs do install them correctly, but computers sometimes does weird things.
    edited December 2016
    Update 9 is a separate setup file and is recorded separately by Windows. Thus, even if you uninstall the other products, if you don't uninstall Update 9 then running it again will give you the Repair option.
  • OK i can confirm the .mnu files are in the C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus and C:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3

What i find interesting is even after the install of SS2/SS2+ i dont see its ss2.mnu file in either folder... is this somehow just integrated into DD2+?

Coincidentally, I think this is what started this whole thing as i attempted to install it (SS2) yesterday thinking it wasn't installed. Hmmm.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    When you did your clean install, did you completely remove the CC3+ data directory first? Maybe there is a corrupt file in there that didn't get replaced.

Also, SS2 doesn't have it's own menu file (Neither does SS1)
  • I did as i assumed it was that as well. Still to no avail.

However i did find a work around of sorts and this may be obvious so not sure what i didn't try it at first. But things work as long as i right click on the desktop icon and choose "run as admin".

Not a big deal i suppose but i never had to do that before. But i can live with it.

Good to know on the SS1/SS2 btw, thanks.
    edited December 2016
    If that works for you then you can simplify things for yourself by setting the desktop icon to automatically run as administrator whenever you double-click it. The following instructions should work on Windows 7 or later.

Try this:
    1. Right-click the Campaign Cartographer 3+ shortcut icon and select Properties from the pop-up menu.
      The Campaign Cartographer 3+ Properties dialog displays.
    2. On the Shortcut tab, click the Advanced button.
      The Advanced Properties dialog box displays.
    3. Check the Run as administrator checkbox, and then click OK.
      The dialog box closes.
    4. Click OK
      The Campaign Cartographer 3+ Properties dialog closes.
    Now, whenever you double-click the shortcut icon, it will open CC3+ as if you had right-clicked and selected "Run as administrator!"

I hope that helps,
    ~Dogtag
  • edited December 2016
    Thanks Dog Tag and will do.

So now im off to install the annuals and the "John Csuac" assests :P

Thanks Everyone for you help and have a wonderful holiday!