Tried the style in the new annual...

When I seen the new style in the annual I decided I should try it quickly. Since it is just a quict test, and no "Real effort" was put in it to make it something nice, I would say the results are better than what you would expect. image

You can download the map from Cartographer's Corner blogs post about the new style in the annual.

Comments

• Cool map! There's a slight problem with the road crossing the river (or vice versa), though. Have a close look at that section of the map and you'll see what I mean.
  • PS I've just noticed that this "mistake" is part of the template provided with the latest edition of the annual. It looks like the river is floating above the ground and the road passes through the water. Well... perhaps I'm being a bit too nitpicky...
  • TheElfTheElf Newcomer
    Mogul: Yes :) But as you see, the key was to try some of the new features, I am still focused on the "inn design" project :)

I should be working on it, but it won't be that easy :) Have you followed that project?
  • Mogul76Mogul76 Traveler
    edited January 2009
    The issue with the river / road can easily be corrected. Two or three changes to the sheet effects should do the job.

No, I haven't been following the inn-design project. Did you post about it?
  • TheElfTheElf Newcomer
    edited January 2009
    Partly, if you see, even this map is made for a small blog about cartography, that blog has some running projects, one of them is about designing an inn. It is a small gudie for new world builders so speaks about surroundings, trade, etc. Some of the early drafts were posted here too :) but right now, I am working on some new map(s) for the project.