Map enlarge

Is it possible to change the map size after it is created. Example. Lets say I created a map that was 500X300. After I drew the map and decided I wanted to add more, could I make it 1000X800?

If so how can I do this?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Two ways:
    1. Simply erase the current map border and draw a new one. The actual canvas is almost limitless in size, but drawing tools constricts themselves to entities on the MAP BORDER layer, giving the impression of a limited space
    2. Start a new map in the desired size, then use clipboard copy (Edit --> Copy) to copy over the entities from your old map to the new one. Make sure to watch the command prompt to ensure you actualy fiish the copy command before trying to past it into the new map.
  • 7 days later
  • I m in the same trouble...i tried the second way....

i choose
    edit->copy
    i select all the old map
    then click Do it
    when i come back to work on the new map, trying to paste the old into the new, it says "clipboard is empty"...
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Then you haven't finished the copy operation. As I explained in my post above, it is important to watch the command prompt. 'Do It' is not the final step.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    It sounds like you might be missing the command prompt that asks you for a copy origin. If you don't give it a copy origin it doesn't copy anything. If you are copying the entire map the best way to give an origin isn't by clicking it randomly somewhere on the map, but by entering "0,0" in response to the prompt on your keyboard. (That's zero comma zero).

When you use the paste command in the new map don't bother trying to position it by hand, just enter 0,0 again and it will paste exactly at the origin.

If you don't want it at the origin then you might want to paste it by clicking the map - either way, to have something to paste you need to complete the copy process first :)
  • Did it!!!!

Sorry.....i lost the last passage....now it worked!!!thank you!!!