Can't access the 2009 January Annual :(

So, I am all excited about the annual, go to log in and it says my login is wrong. OK, no problem I will re-request my login info. So I do, it sends me a new PassWord to my email. Great. EXCEPT the Login will not accept that either :(

Any help here?

Comments

• edited January 2009
    Which annual?

You might want to make sure your subscription is filed and you have the proper information. Beyond that when I clicked on the 2008 Annual it popped up with a small screen mentioning several links that would allow you to get your login information, see if it needs renewing, and so forth. One of the other links might be more useful. It might also be worth noting that your login might be something other than what you're expecting- if you've got the password right, then it might be the user name that's the issue.
  • I can get into the subscriber area but I can't open the 2008 executable as there is something wrong with my registration number. Does anyone know if there is there an automated responder page in the subscriber area that gives you a new number? Or do you have to do it by email?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    @NeonKnight:
    Have you gone to your Annual 2009 order page and followed the link to have your account activated for the 2009 annual? It doesn't get automatically applied to your old login.

@Davaris:
    You should contact ProFantasy by email, or through the "Request Support" link near the bottom of the ight-hand menu on your registration page.
  • Well, who would have though that when I purchased the new Annual I had to link it :D

Thanx Monsen!
  • Jeff BJeff B Betatester 🖼️ 37 images Surveyor
    You can only link to it if you haven't subscribed to an annual before or you use a different email address.
    This is lame. Collect our money but don't give us access.
  • Abdeck, that's not true. At least not for all of us. I preordered, used the same e-mail account as last year and have no problems accessing the new annual. Have you followed the instructions which you received by e-mail? ProFantasy sent me a message yesterday.
  • I couldn't log on with my old user name and password (which I could do with the last two annuals). Nigel sent an email with a link to my order page, so I clicked on that. On the order page under the annual, there is a link to Set Up Subscription. I clicked that link and followed those instructions. NOTE: You need to change BOTH your user name from the old one you used to access previous annuals (if you had one) as well as create a new password. Otherwise, you will get an error that your user name already exists.

With a new user name and a new password, I was able to access the subscriber area for Annual 2009 and download the January .exe file.
  • LatharionLatharion Traveler
    edited January 2009
    I had this same problem with the last annual but after writing to tech support about it, Profantasy swapped out the new name/password with the original one and all was good. I still have no idea why they cannot just do some sort of "resubscribe" feature that would keep the same name/password and track our subscriptions. Perhaps it is because the subscriptions are available separately at the end of the year or something?

Perhaps a contacting tech support will help you. I for one will probably subscribe this weekend and then see if I can use my old name/PW or if I will need to request a change again. I love the annuals and I believe they are worth the price (even with the occasional bug).

Edit: I just subscribed to the CA 2009 and received the same error as last year. I sent an email to this address (the one I used last year and also the one mentioned when I received the error message for the account already existing)...

annual@profantasy.com

Interestingly enough, the error I received was concerning my email already existing (which is true because I already had a previous subscription to both the 2007 and 2008 CAs). To me it seems like a bug to require users to subsribe to a new email address to be able to register a new email address with PF to subscribe to the next year's CA! In fact I would bet on it being a nasty bug and not "by design". I hope to hear from someone soon regarding this and do expect a similar resolution to last time (making my name/PW the same for the new CA as previous subscriptions). I'll gladly post when I receive a reply and what the answer was if it will help.
  • Strange, I have the same email-adress, name and password for the current annual I used for both predecessors.
  • I just received a reply from Ralph. He can manually set the name/password. If anyone has the problems mentioned here, just write a quick message to annual@profantasy.com and they will help you. I didn't have to wait very long (I subscribed last night and received the reply this morning!)