Dragon's Lair

This is the lair of the young, green dragon, Krypl - or Thurgix in Draconic. His small lair is located in a cave within the Pilgrim Forest....

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Oh he's cute!

I love the little touches - the beer can!

Its just completely beautiful, Lorelei. You really are an artist :D
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited November 2016
    Nice. I love the treasure hoard. I could really use one of those. Is that... a dragon throne?

I have to say, though, I'm not getting much of a cave vibe. I think it's beautiful as always but, with all the flora seeming to grow along the top of the walls (and along the sides?), I get more of a "canyon" impression.

Then again, on the other hand (economist style!), what really matters is whether your players have fun with the encounter, so forget me.

Gorgeous map, Lorelei. I'm constantly stunned where you find the time (or how blindingly fast you are, whichever it is... I presume a mix of the two).

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • edited November 2016
    Posted By: DogtagNice. Is that... a dragon throne?
    Thanks, it was a quickie map in a minute of boredom between IRL job, WK job, and D&D. And.....Yes, it is! ;)

Edit - Ninja'd! Well, its not really a cave..a cavern? I don't know what else to call it.... It is open to air overhead, but completely covered by vegetation, if that makes sense?
  • I really love your battlemaps Lorelei! This one is really wonderful. The combination of stone and greenery is perfect!
    edited November 2016
    I asked:Is that... a dragon throne?

And then Lorelei confirmed:Yes, it is! ;)
    Double-nice! And, thank goodness. I was worried my eyes were worse than I've been thinking they are. image

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • Posted By: ShessarI really love your battlemaps Lorelei! This one is really wonderful. The combination of stone and greenery is perfect!
    Thanks muchly, Shessar!!! I've really been enjoying working with all this vegetation and outdoor scenery - as most of my current campaign revolved around forests and nature (or the impending destruction of it!! lol)
  • Nice work! I've always been a bit disappointed with any of my maps when I try to use the more realistic looking textures but this looks neat. I like the rough looking bevel on the rocky edges. And the loot! So much loot!!!
    edited November 2016
    I personally dislike "photorealistic" maps in general, and battle maps in particular. I think they suffer from a sort of uncanny valley problem - they don't look particularly realistic and they don't look like illustrated or even painted art. But Lorelei always seems to pick her textures and symbols carefully and continues to produce exceptions to my broad disdain.

I'm a real fan.
  • I'm in agreement with Dogtag on this. It is wonderful work Lorelei.

And I believe this is called a Grotto.

Very cool!
  • Grotto! That's it! Thanks, Tonnichiwa :)

Thanks all.....I know i tend to make mostly photorealistic maps, and it tickles me that i can entice those who are not a fan of the style :)