Converting a regular path to custom drawing tool path?

I'm working on a map where I've inserted some rivers using a custom drawing tool.

Now after some iterations of work on this map, I'm no longer able to edit those rivers by selecting the drawing tool and hitting 'E' on the keyboard. The new path simply doesn't attach to the old one, which is the exact same behavior I will get when trying to edit a regular path that was created with for example the 'fractal path' tool.
So I'm suspecting that the information, that this path once was created with a custom drawing tool has somehow been lost in the editing of the file. I remember having edited the line thickness of the rivers. Maybe that's when the information got lost.

Is there a way to convert a regular path back into a custom drawing tool path so that you again can use the 'E' key to edit it? Maybe some obscure macro command?
I know I still can use 'Node edit' but with fractal pathes this soon gets very messy.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Try using change like draw tool on it (You can find this command by right clicking the change properties button). This should change the entity to match the drawing tool, and will hopefully let you use the edit command on it.

Also make sure that the entity you are trying to edit is not on a frozen layer.
  • Thanks for the quick answer.

Unfortunately this didn't help. But as it turns out, I am not able to edit paths with 'E' at all. Polygons do work though.
    It may well be that this is just my installation since I'm running this on a Mac in Wineskin Winery. But then, I did a fresh install of CC3+ in a Windows Virtual Machine and path editing was also broken there.

Is anybody else experiencing this problem, our is it just me?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I don't think I've ever needed to use drawtool edit on a path before, but now that I try it, it doesn't seem to work in either CC3 or CC3+. I don't know why though. I would guess it doesn't support paths, but then the Edit option on a path drawing tool doesn't make sense.
  • I'm quite sure I've used this many times before.

And indeed, I have a border drawing tool in one of my own styles where it kind of works. However, the behavior is somewhat erratic. The new path sometimes attaches to one of the end nodes instead of the nearest node and with a second path near by it sometimes attaches to the other path. So I think there really is something broken here.

I've taken a look at river drawing tool in my own style and changed some settings to find out what affects this and it seems that the problem is somewhat related to layer onto which the tool draws. On some layers it works, although erratic, on others it doesn't work at all (I double checked that all layers are thawed).