Three Rivers Island, and area, Southern Hemisphere, Crestar

Here is another zoomed in area. The two huge Xs over on the continent are possible portals mentioned for B4 The Lost City which is also in the works. The top of the map is the equator. Pirates are nearby. An island jungle to the west. Blue arrows are low in the ocean cold currents. The yellow arrows are top of the ocean warm currents. The Stormy Reaches islands are estimates made by survivors of the pirate attacks on their ships.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Looks interesting Jim :)

I'm a bit confused about the three different blues of the ocean. Is it that the different blues are different territories, a bit like the way Antarctica is divided?
  • The medium color is The Gray Ocean. The water is a different color than the Outer Ocean. The dark waters areas are deeps, kinda like the Marianas Trench. Mostly just to show them on the map, but they wouldn't be visible from a ship.
  • Posted By: JimPThe dark waters areas are deeps, kinda like the Marianas Trench. Mostly just to show them on the map, but they wouldn't be visible from a ship.
    Actually, Jim, they might be, but it would depend heavily on water clarity, and what the "normal" ocean depth is.

Khee Deep is presumably not quite so deep?
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Oh I need my glasses on! I thought that said knee deep! Sorry!

Why is it a different colour to the other deeps?
  • Argh. I hit select all and kept typing. Try this again.

Kolosh is named as it was found, unknown is called that as the people living on Crestar haven't found it.

The typical ocean goes down to 500 feet to 1 mile. Deeps go down 2 or 3 miles. Unknown is deeper than Kolosh, so its a darker color.

The Gray Ocean is greenish-gray, but I decided to draw it blue so it wouldn't look overly odd. Its not the typical ocean blue.

I have been in the Carribean Sea, the Mediterranean Sea, and the Atlantic Ocean when I was in the US Navy. So I have seen different ocean colors, mostly due to air or contaminants in them, ocean calm or wind blown due to storms. I have also seen the Sargasso Sea. Not the ship trapper many think it is from legend. I was very unimpressed by it.

Well... I meant for Kolosh and Unknown to be the same color, but decided to make one darker.