Symbol Scale in CC3+ changed compared to CC3?

I have a map that I started in CC3, which I'm now using in CC3+, however an odd thing is the symbol scale no longer seems to match. I am 99% certain that I scaled all of the symbols identically in the original map, but now when I set the trees to 16 scale, so they match the existing ones, the mountains are all too small, and vice versa. Has there been a change in the general scale of the mountain symbols in CC3+ compared to CC3?

Also, is there any way to click on a symbol to get its scale so that I can match it, rather than having to resort to using trial an error?

Comments

• I went back and loaded the map in CC3 and there definitely has been a change to the symbol scale. In CC3 all of my symbols are set to 8 scale. Setting the trees to 16 scale in CC3+ makes them pretty much the same size, but the mountains are obviously now on a different scale.
  • Alright, so weirdly enough, after loading the map in CC3 and placing a few symbols, then saving and going back in to CC3+, now the mountains and trees are the right scale again? I'm not sure exactly what is going on here. It seems like there's some sort of bug though.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The symbol scale did not change between CC3 and CC3+. You can always check the scale of an individual symbol in your map by using the List command on it.

As for what you describe, I haven't encountered any behavior like that, so I cannot say what would cause it unfortunately.
  • I haven't seen that either.
  • I think when the map first opened somehow a different symbol set got loaded. At the top of the symbol lists there were a bunch of hex icons. So, somehow I think the hex icon set got loaded, and then the other symbols are sized differently in that set. It was a really weird thing.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    CC3+ will not open the correct symbol set by default for an older CC3 map, this is completely normal, and caused by the move from keeping symbols int he installation directory for CC3, vs the data directory for CC3+.