Oct/Nov CG Lite Mapping Challenge: Neurmengard

I've barely had a chance to start this challenge, so I haven't done much with it, but I thought I would go ahead and post it. I call it Neurmengard, and I'm actually doing something different. This map is actually going to be more 'modern' or gothic looking, since, in keeping with the Halloween theme that's in the air... this is going to be a underground vampire haven.... a city under the earth, so to speak.

So here is the backstory:

Duke Piotr Neurmen was turned by Vlad Tepish in the early 1400's, during the rise of the vampire threat in Romania and the surrounding territories. Lord Piotr Neurmen was one of the few that survived the purging by the human mobs that hunted vampires during the 15th and 16th century. Realizing the need for a safe haven for his kind, he searched the countrysides for a place where he, and all vampires could hide from the peasant mobs and the light of day.

Piotr found what he was looking for deep in the mountains. A series of undiscovered caverns, with the entrance deep in a mountain lake. There he, and his followers set up their haven.

Over the centuries, as new vampires joined the ranks, this haven has changed... structures have been built, creating a community of sorts, complete with feeding pits, breeders... a den that caters to all types of apetites.

Comments