Need help with lighting questions

Ok im at a loss here... after exhausting an hour looking around i thought to finally ask here.

So I am trying to make a night map. I know how to add lights, and turn on the wall shadow effects... everything looks great except the symbols... they still look like they arent effected by the mask.

Everything looked shadowy on the map, except the walls, they symbols and the trees outside the barn.

I moved the trees to SYMBOLS TREES layer and then moved that layer up so it sits right under FLOORS and now the trees are covered by the mask.

However i cannot do the same thing with symbols because if i move them above the floor layer, then the floor layer covers the symbols...

What am i doing wrong? i cannot get the symbols layers to look like they mask goes over them... ive turned off the wall shadows on the floor level and tried adding it the symbols layers.. but im getting nothing...

any suggestions on how i get the shadow mask to cover the symbols? does the shadowmask have to be on the floors level? can i move it... AGH!!!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Make sure to add a Wall Shadow, Point Light setup effect on every sheet that contains entities that will cast shadow. Then, make sure you only have one Wall Shadow, Point Light Finalize effect, and that this is on the very last sheet in the stack containing entities to be affected by shadow.
  • Thank you sir.... I figured it out... It was dropping the shadow layer on the floor sheet... I deleted it and moved it to light layer and everything corrected itself.