When I use "Save As" in CD3, I am met by the forces of darkness

. . . and I literally mean darkness. The JPG, PNG, or BMP is nothing but a black square.

Here's what happens:

I can create and save my maps in their native format without difficulty. But when I use Save As, the resulting image is always a black void. I try Save As > Rectangular Section JPG, Rectangular Section PNG, JPG Bitmap file, et cetera. When I then use Photoshop (or any other program) to open the new file, the image itself is purely, solidly black.

To experiment, I opened a map I made with CC3 (not CD3). This time, the Save As features all worked as the universe intended. But then I create a quick city with CD3, and the Save As again produces only darkness.

I'm not sure if I have an incorrect setting somewhere or if the program didn't install correctly. I've only been using it for two days now, so the fault very well could be my own.

I adore CD3 and would never say a bad word about it; in fact, I've been a ProFantasy fan for ages, and still am. But this problem vexes me to no end.

Thanks!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    I've never heard of this problem myself. I made a simple CD3 map, but couldn't reproduce it. I suggest you contact ProFantasy Tech Support directly, they might be able to help you. (Given the time of year, I suspect they are closed for Christmas right now though).

Other than that, you should try to reinstall the latest patch (Patch 7, v3.24), found on your registration page.
  • Hmm- I've had some odd discoloration when I try to save as a PNG, but that seems tied to the display of Fractal Worlds exported images- if I display the layer that shows the initial CC2 map, the PNG is a mess of pink, cyan, white, and lime green dots. If I hide all the exported elements and save as while displaying all the stuff I've done in CC3, it's fine.

Let's try this, just to see what happens: Try doing an image from the attached FCW, and see if that makes any sort of a difference. I doubt it will, but you never know; it might be something you do when drawing that gives it fits.
  • Stormcaller3801,

I opened your map in CC3, and all was well. So I tried Save As > Rectangular Section JPG, and once again, the result was a small 5-k black rectangle. Very odd. However, I had no trouble renaming it and saving it in its native format.

I've been in contact with Linda at Tech Support, so hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this interesting problem.

Thanks, all--and happy holidays.
  • Linda, as always, solved the problem. All it required was an update to my video driver.

Thanks!