Perspective's 3 - Sir Gormley's Keep

This is my first real attempt at using Perspectives 3 for something other than just a box room. This was made using just what came with the original program. One of the questions I had for the forum was this: On the ground floor the interior walls to the right of the picture which make up a prisoner cell were made transparent so you could see the wall as well as what was behind it. On the second floor the interior walls aren't high at all so you can see into the rooms. If you were a player which would you prefer? I pulled the keep's name out of thin air but I'm pretty sure I've heard that name before, I just don't know where. Perspectives 3 does take some time to get use to, but it's lots of fun in the end. Now to eventually start on a cathedral where I am looking forward to using some of Shessar's doors and windows that were created for use with this product.

A quick thank you to Dogtag for providing me with some information when posting pictures...Don't use apostraphes!

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited October 2016
    Try renaming the file without the apostrophe. Some other users have found it can keep the forum from displaying the image properly.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Looks fantastic! Man, I want to adventure there, just from looking at it.

One tiny thing I hope you don't mind my pointing out... The stairs in the corner of the first floor that lead to the second floor don't appear to line up. I see why, because they either bump up against the wall on the second floor, which doesn't leave room for a landing, or they bump up against the wall at the bottom, on the first floor, which again doesn't give room for a landing. I doubt anyone running through the map in a game will notice or care but I thought I'd mention it in case you didn't notice yourself, so you can keep an eye out for that sort of thing. It's real tricky when making maps in Perspectives, as I recently learned myself.

I love that this really evokes the notion of a keep, to me. Are you planning to map out the room/building at the top of the keep?

Personally, unless there's something important about an interior wall, I'd prefer the low wall version over the transparent wall version on a game map.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • You have done an amazing job here warhound! Per3 is my favorite CC add-on and this is a great example of why.

I love the murder holes on the roof and love the whole design. Wonderful!

Like Dogtag, I also prefer the low walls over the transparent walls.
  • Thanks for the advice and opinions. When I get the chance I'll make the corrections. The room\building at the top of the keep is actually the roof to the second floor so it's empty. Some labeling might come in handy or just make the roof it's own 'floor'. Now to find the time :)
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Hi Warhound :)

I'm a complete newbie to the whole concept of Perspectives. Is it the done thing to draw the entire building and have the floors as a display of separate levels like that?

And even if it is - Is it still possible to make a Perspectives map like a cut away - like an open dolls house?
  • Perspectives gives you a floor, and two walls. The two closest walls are the adjustable. You start the floor, and then raise the mouse pointer which raises the walls. There are lots of wall and floor types and colors. Each is changeable. And as you saw on the portal I did, you can add bitmap fill colors.
  • Hello Loopysue.
    Showing the whole building and then displaying the floors at separate levels is something I did so I could use it for gaming. If you wanted to do a cut away view such as a doll house that certainly is possible. But If the walls between each level were very high it might work better so you could see more of the rooms beneath the top floor. If you wanted to use it to show something like 'Mike Schley isometric castle cutaways" (just Google it) you could do that as well. It would take quite a bit of work to do that though (In my inexpert opinion only...) That said this was my first real attempt I made lots of mistakes which took lots of time to fix, so as with CC3+, the more you use it, the quicker and better it is as you get used to all of the features.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Thank you - both of you :)

I'll go have a look.