Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Upon attempting to update Fractal Terrains 3 from version 309 to 320, I received a missing DLL call function error and the program failed to initiate.
    Missing DLL package appears to be "mfc140.dll)...
      ft3error001.png
      ft3error002.png
    My computer / machine has the following stats (SEE GRAPHIC BELOW):
      ft3error000.png
    Question - is the staff aware of this issue, has it happened before - or is it a specific file conflict issue inherent to just my machine because of - perhaps - another app running in background or screwing with a shared file?

Hmmmm - inquiring minds wanna know, lol.

It may have to do with my version of Windows perhaps - or a past windows update removed this DLL (as is almost always seemingly the case)?

I removed the update and reinstalled FT3 with the older 309 update and it worked just Candy Dandy (hmmmm - a real mystery...).
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2016

I think that's a Windows driver - Visual C++
    Yep Loopysue - did some homework and it does appear that this dll file is attatched to the Microsoft Visual C++ library. Somehow - again I'm assuming - a "prior" (?) reconfigurement of the C++ library is to blame due to - maybe - a prior installation of something? Something obviously corrupted or "sucked out" the dll file during an installation???
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Or if you're at all accident prone (as I am) you may have accidentally deleted it. I've done it before - Win 10 doesn't always ask for confirmation on delete!!!

No idea how to fix it though. Sorry!
    Oh that's ok kid - I'm sure that somebody will chime in with an idea or two - no prob.
    • CommentAuthorShessar

I believe that you need to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015.

Download Here

The download page gives a 32 bit and 64 bit version so make sure you install the correct one.
    Posted By: ShessarI believe that you need to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015.

Download Here

The download page gives a 32 bit and 64 bit version so make sure you install the correct one.

YES! THIS DID THE TRICK!

Profantasy should indicate on it's registration page update notifications for all future updates to FT3 that this package (Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015) will be required for updates beyond the older 309 update for future reference!

Particularly this should be for all versions of Windows preceding Windows 8.1...
    • CommentAuthorJay_NOLA

You also need that that for the newest version of Wilbur too.

http://www.fracterra.com/wilbur.html
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Ah, I have other software that requires that and already had it on my computer.
    I have the same problem. My computer is Windows 8.1 64 bit. The steps I have taken are:

1. Installed FT3Setup.exe (3.0.4) --- Program ran OK.

2. Ran FT3Update320.exe --- Got the "mfc140.dll is missing" message.

3. Downloaded and ran vc_redist.x64 (Microsoft C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64))

4. Checked that the file was installed and ran FT. --- The message still appeared.

5. Restarted the computer in case the problem was something to do with paths etc. set on startup. --- The message still appeared.

6. Tried uninstalling Update 20, and reinstalling in case the installer set up a path to the DLL. --- The message still appeared.

Any suggestions?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2017

Make sure you use the x86 version of the redistributable even if you have a 64-bit machine.
    OK - Will try that - Thank's for the quick response.
    It worked! Thanks again.