Ladie Storm is OK

As some of you may have noticed, our rather active forum member Ladie Storm lives in Raleigh, North Carolina, in the U.S.A., which is being battered right now by Hurricane Matthew. FYI: We've received word from her that she and her family are doing fine, but they have no electricity, so she will not be online again for a few days. That's all that her absence means, not that she's been blown away.

Comments

• That's good. No one should have to suffer and I'm sorry for the one's who do.

LLAP

Nacon4
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited October 2016
    Thanks for the info, Vintyri. I knew Ladiedtorm was on the East Coast but didn't know she was in Raleigh. I thought she was farther north for some reason. Glad to know she found a way to tell you she and her family are ok.

I hope any other forum members in the path — or wake — of the storm are likewise ok.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    It may be as well to avoid emailing or texting her (unless you have a seriously important message for her), to help her conserve the power on her phone and avoid cluttering her inbox with well wishes.

She knows we care about her :)
  • Hey guys and gals!

Just wanted to pop in here, and let everyone know I was alive and well, but probably won't be o line for a bit, but I see Mark and Sue beat me to the punch! Thanks, btw :-)

Well, we made it through the hurricane with only minor flooding in our area and loss of power...over 3/4 of our city is in the dark. Luckily, I managed to find somewhere that has power, and was willing to let me sit and recharge my phone! Raleigh looks like a series of lakes right now, but we're okay. I just won't be online for a few days.

Take care everyone, and I'll see you all when I can get back online. We're being told it could take up to a week to restore power every where.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Stay warm and dry, hon, but don't sleep with any gas fires burning :)
  • A week isn't too bad, some hurricanes I sat through down on coastal Mississippi, the power was out for 2 weeks. But there was one street light on just at the end of the street... on a cross street. What did the power company do to restore our power after 2 weeks ? Pushed the line transfer switch at the top of the power pole. No down lines on our street, just no power. They said it was to make sure first.