Trouble with the BREAK command

Gday everyone. After my less than successful effort with Shessar's battlemap competition and having been inspired by Loopysue's Merelen City and the current Arramatapo sketch I thought I would have a crack at a small regional map which will probably actually turn into a small town. It is based on a screenshot from google maps of where I live in the real world. So the coastline is accurate but the scale will not be.

I want to make outlines of the land, sea and rivers then cut away bits of the lines so each landmass (defined by the coastline and rivers) can be turned into it's own multipoly. I inserted a googlemaps screenshot then drew the coastline and added a couple of rivers.

I am having trouble with the BREAK command.

I want to BREAK the bottom green line where the rivers intersect it. Actually removing the piece of horizontal green line that crosses each river. Using BREAK and F6 (intersection) to pick the points where the river lines intersect the green line I can remove the segment on the left river but cannot on the right.

It's doing my head in, as I have had this trouble on other occasions. Originally I made each river line longer than they had to be then used the TRIM command and F6 to make the river lines finish exactly at the horizontal line so there should be an intersecton there, but it's almost as if CC3 is telling me there is no intersection.

Is it because the greenline is a 2D Line but the rivers are 2D Splines? Does that even matter? to create the river lines I used the same method for all four lines, then used the TRIM command to trim each line upto the green line so all the same methodology there.

Any ideas?

I've attached the FCW if anybody wants to see if they can do it.
cheers
Mike

Comments