Inner Fade Terrain but not on coastline edge?

I'm having a problem trying to do something that is probably really simple. All of my various terrains have a nice inner edge fade to blend them into the default land color but on coastlines, I don't want this fade. I want whatever terrain I have to be solid along the coast and fade as it goes inland.

I've attached an example showing some snow terrain on a northern coast. I want the snow to be solid all the way up to the coast and do the fading on the lower edges into the grassland terrain. In the screenshot, it's instead fading along the coast.

I've tried playing around with sheet ordering to no avail. I tried extending the snow terrain out into the ocean and then hiding everything beyond the coastline by placing the snow sheet under the sea sheet, but it doesn't work because the sea on this template is the background sheet and fills the entire map. Putting anything behind the ocean essentially makes it invisible.

TIA.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Hello Wafflesandbeer.

Welcome to the forum :)

If I want to make a fill reach the coast but fade inland I use two sheets - one with an Edge Fade Inner on it, and one without.

I draw the patch of snow on both, but extend the one on the sheet with the Edge Fade Inner further inland, so that its faded edge shows, rather than the hard edge of the snow on the other sheet that has no faded edge. Its probably best to have the edge faded patch of snow on top of the sharp edged patch of snow so that the only hard edge that's actually visible to the eye is the one that falls on the coast.

I hope that helps :)