Activating sheet effects sometimes leads to funky things . . .

The map I made this morning--during which time the sheet effects were working perfectly--has decided to misbehave. I just installed City Designer 3. I made a small village, following the steps in the tutorial. Everything worked perfectly, including the sheet effects. At some point this evening, however, whenever I activated sheet effects, the CC3 program would stall out, simply toiling away with the hourglass running but nothing ever happening.

So I closed the CD3 map and opened a standard CC3 overland map. I turned on sheet effects. Everything happened as it should. I closed that map, opened the CD3 village map, turned on sheet effects . . . and thus began the endless "not responding" loop. The only way to close the program at this point is to use the Windows Task Manager.

Now, I know this wasn't happening this morning. Everything looked cherry. And the map itself is actually quite small, so it's not a system resource issue.

I am vexed.

Thanks for any advice!

UPDATE: I started a new CD3 map, and the sheet effects work normally, just as they did when I started my previous map. Is the previous one somehow corrupted? Will the same thing happen to this map as I go along?

Comments