Cave mine for my adventure

This is my map for a cave mine I am going to run an adventure in. I posted this previously in another category when asking about the edit command. I ended up just using a mask and then cleaning up the defects with a paint program. I haven't added any kind of text yet because I'm trying to find the right way to implement it. I know I will have to redo the paint job but I can do that if I have to.

PS Do any of the CC3+ programs have a paint or blend tool? If not can this be accomplished in another way? I hope you like the map.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    the map looks splendid Kevbeck :)

Adding text involves using the two buttons on the right hand side with the letter A on them. Use the smaller one to set the properties (font, size, bold, italic etc), then click the larger one and enter the text in the box then click ok. You should end up with the text stuck to your crosshairs ready to position and paste.

When you've finished with the first label, just right click (anywhere, doesn't matter), and go back to the large A to call up the text entry box again to make a new label.

Hope that helps :)

What was it that you couldn't resolve that you had to resort to touching things up?
  • When I drew the map I drew it in sections, so technically the the main cave areas are connected by corridors I made after creating the cave areas. When I made the mask to cover my lighting effects on other areas of the map the mask caused some leakage of the background at the points where I connected the corridors to the caverns. I don't know how to fix that without using a paint tool and I am not sure how to fix it any other way.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Wow.

I think the only way to fix that so it works all in one go is to trace all the polygons that fall in more than one section and re-unite all the separated parts.

If you have worked through the example in the user manual you should know how to use the tracing part of the landmass tool, but you may need to alter the tool settings just slightly so that it doesn't continually default to draw everything on whatever the sheet its set to draw on, using whatever fill its predestined to use.

I've only just got up after a very late night, so I'm not going to even attempt to illustrate or describe that right now, but if no one else has jumped in to the rescue in a few hours time I'll have a go :)

It won't take as long as you think, since tracing things only takes a few seconds.
  • kevbeck43, since this isn't a raster based application the only way I know to blend and smudge is through using layers with edge fade, blur etc and doing multiple sheets as masks with various transparencies.

Nice map though!

Bill