different bitmap fills on desktop and laptop computers

My desktop failed back in November, and I haven't really had time to work on maps or on the desktop.

So I decided to make some maps on my laptop. I have the same templates, and as far as I know I have the same updates. CC3 on both is 3.24.

I have noticed that I am missing some bitmap fills on my laptop, lots of red Xs when I load templates on the laptop.

The checker borders for one. This folder seems rather empty ProFantasy\CC3\Bitmaps\Dungeon\DD3\DD3 Color\ only having dirt and blue water bitmap fills. I do have the custom bitmap fills from earlier this year that I am hosting.

So, what did I miss installing on my laptop ?

edit: I didn't have Linda's bitmap fills, they are installed now.

Thanks,
Jim

Comments

• Any ideas on what bitmap fills I could be missing on my laptop ?

I have no idea when I will be able to get my desktop up and running again. No access to the hard drive on my desk top.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited December 2008
    Can't think of any special fill styles of the top of my head (Except for an annual perhaps?), but if you originally placed them in proper subdirectories, the path to the fill style, which is visible in the fill style dialog, might be able to give you a clue.
  • Well, my desktop wont boot, so I have no way to check it. I just know the templates I copied over, around 6 months ago, from my desktop to my laptop, show lots of red Xs.

I think I have all of the 2007 Annual on both hard drives.

I'll list a few of them I see red Xs for on my laptop:

stone lava cool, stone lava flaming. Those are supposed to be in: ProFantasy\CC3\Bitmaps\Tiles\Dungeon\DD3\DD3 Color\Stone Lava Cooled_HI.png

ProFantasy\CC3\Bitmaps\Tiles\Overland\reddish.png

ProFantasy\CC3\Bitmaps\Tiles\Overland\land very light brown_hi.png

evidently a series of border bitmap fills:
    ProFantasy\CC3\Bitmaps\Tiles\Dungeon\DD3\DD3 Color\Tile Chequer_HI.png
    ProFantasy\CC3\Bitmaps\Tiles\Dungeon\DD3\DD3 Color\Tile Persian Glass_HI.png
    ProFantasy\CC3\Bitmaps\Tiles\Dungeon\DD3\DD3 Color\Brick Grey H_HI.png
    ProFantasy\CC3\Bitmaps\Tiles\Dungeon\DD3\DD3 Color\Brick Grey Herringbone_HI.png

a set of cobblestone ones, for example:
    ProFantasy\CC3\Bitmaps\Tiles\Cobblestone 1 H_HI.PNG

I don't see any border bitmap fills in the 2007 Annual, the only one I have.

Jim
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited December 2008
    Hmm. I do have all the bitmaps you list, except for the two overland ones.

I dug a little deeper, and the four DD3 tiles you list (Tile Chequer, Tile Persian Glass, Brick Grey H and Brick Grey Herringbone) is part of the core DD3 install, and should be installed when you install DD3.

I have no idea where the cobblestones came from unfortunately, but I notice I do have them, but not in the same directory as you, which usually indicates user-contributed content.
    Edit: Found the origin of the cobblestone fills as well: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/cc2-l/message/59198
    The download links is no longer working though
  • okay,I'll reinstall DD3.

Maybe I have the others in my download folder.
  • I located my external usb drive case. I can put the hard drive in there. So I can get to the files on my desktop this coming weekend.
  • 19 days later
  • Ah, finally got the chance to check my old hard drive, from my desktop, and found them.