Symbols change to default

Hello! I have been using CC3 for some time now and recently I have begun to have some problems. I am currently running CC3+. I then create a new file for overland mapping. I pick a predefined style set. I lay out some land using the fractal landmass tool. I lay down some mountains. Then I switch to my water symbols and that is when the problem happens. It reverts to the default symbols. I switch back to mountains, and again the mountains I had been using are gone, and the default mountains are shown. Has anyone else had this issue? Any idea what caused it?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Could be the style not setting the master filter correctly. Which style and template does this happen on? Does it fix itself, if you save the map, close it, and then load it again? You could also manually set the master filter. Right click the symbol style toggle button, select Master Filter, then in the dialog box that opens up, make sure the correct master filter is selected in the dialog (if it is there at all).
  • It was happening every time I changed to some other draw mode. When I saved and reloaded it would do the same thing. That being said, I turned my computer off last night and turned it on today, and it works fine now... who knows what the issue was.

I am now having an issue with CC3. I would like to use it to get some of the older annual styles, and I have tried starting it a few times and get fc32.exe has stopped responding. I have restarted, and I get the same error. Any idead?

Thanks,
    Nick
  • Try loading just a map by double clicking on it. And that will replace the map active in CC3.
  • It must have been the particular map that I had loaded. I tried loading a map that way and there was an error. I then downloaded a map from the site, and it worked.

Thanks for the help,
    Nick
  • You're welcome. I have had this happen to me as well.

I can usually load the map causing the problem after that, from within CC3. I then, before saving the problem map, try to find the problem. I"m not always sucessful, but I go back and try after a day or two and look at it with a fresh outlook.