CC3+ vs. CC3

I'm just gonna ask. I have both CC3 and CC3+ on my system. I know that support is going to go to CC3+ eventually. Here's the stupid question, what can CC3+ do better than CC3?

(hiding under a rock!)

LLAP

Nacon4

Comments

• Not having used CC3, and reading up on it... One of the big things is that it's a lot faster, and I'm guessing in some ways a lot more simplified. Beyond that, I will let the others answer.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    You don't need to hide under a rock, Ed! LOL

This is a friendly forum :)

CC3+ is a lot faster - going by comparisons of what CC3 users say against my own CC3+ experience - but I'm in the same boat as Storm - never used CC3.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited September 2016
    Simon Rogers wrote a neat post in the ProFantasy Blog about that very topic.

For even more info, click CC3 Plus in the blog's tag cloud for all sorts of blog posts leading you'll to the CC3+ release.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • At this point the ONE thing i still love about CC3 are all the Annuals.
  • At this point i´m keeping using CC3 over CC3+ DUE the Annuals... :(
  • edited September 2016
    Now I have yet another of the dumb questions. So, I'll just ask, what are the Dundjinni archives, the Vintryi Cartographic Collection, CSUAC, and the Bogie objects? If I put these on wrong, please let me know, ok? I know that some of these go onto CC3+ and some go CC3. Which goes to what, and what is CC3+ supporting? I'm planning on going with CC3+ at this point, so please let a poor tyro know just what the heck is going on, ok?

Thanks in advance!

LLAP

Nacon4

(Edit) I now understand a little more of what's going on, I withdraw my question; and ask that this discussion be closed.
  • 1 year later
  • edited December 2017
    Hi everybody, I'm a new joiner and just downloaded the CC3 and CC3 + both at a time. As I understand, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I can uninstall CC3 and keep only CC3+ on my computer, right?
    thank you very much for your answers!
    Hello from France! :)
    Doose
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited December 2017
    Hi Doose. Welcome to CC3+ and the ProFantasy Forum. To add a little to what Monsen said, if you want to "unwhisper" your question, click the "Edit" link to the right of your question and then delete your name from the small text field at the top of your post.

But to answer your question, yes. You don't really need CC3 unless you are using Dioramas, or any of the "Source Maps" products, or the WWII Interactive Atlas. CC3 and CC3+ are completely separate and you can uninstall CC3. After you do that, however, I recommend you run the latest update for CC3+. It is available from your download page, where you downloaded CC3+. Be sure to right-click the setup file and click Run as Administrator from the pop-up menu.
  • 9 days later
  • Hi Dogtag and Monsen, thanks a lot for your reply, indeed I made a mistake with the field :) that's fixed now!
    Ok I uninstall CC3 and will enjoy CC3+ ;)
    Thank you
  • 12 days later
  • Not sure I get this correctly.

I have accumulated quite a few products over time
    Campaign Cartographer 3
    Cartographer's Annual Vol. 1 (2007)
    Cartographer's Annual Vol. 2 (2008)
    City Designer 3
    Cosmographer 3
    Dungeon Designer 3
    Fractal Terrains 3
    Source Maps: Castles!
    Source Maps: Cities!
    Source Maps: Temples, Tombs...!
    Source Maps: Temples, Tombs...!
    Symbol Set 2 v3 - Floorplans

Now if I purchase another Annual it won't run, as they have all been upgraded to CC3+
    Suppose I do purchse CC3+... am I right in assuming that all the above is... useless ?
    I suppose at this moment I'm most intersted in knowing what happens to Cosmographer 3 if I purchase and install CC3+
  • If you buy CC3+, all the annuals, CD3, DD3, Cosmographer, Perspectives, SS1,SS2,SS3,SS4, Character Artist are all compatible with it ie they have all been upgraded to work with CC3+. The Source Maps, WW2 atlas and Dioramas haven't yet been upgraded. And all these upgrades are free if you already have the CC3 product. Also get the new Tome of Ultimate Mapping.
  • 6 years later
  • I know this is a necro response, but this is what I needed to see. Since I'm coming back after a long hiatus, knowing that the previous things I bought are compatible with CC3+ made my day. Upgrading ASAP!

roflo1