Imported fill styles showing up as solid colors

Greetings all,

Thanks to Shessar's excellent instructions and visual aids, I've been able to get the CSUAC symbol collection to function properly in CC3. The CSUAC fill styles also import without any trouble, however, they show up as solid colors on the map (no texture). I haven't found anything in the forums to address this specific issue, and everything I've tried so far has ended in frustration. If anyone could offer any suggestions or point me to a discussion on the forums I may have missed, I'd be much obliged.

P.S. I'm running CC3 on a 32-bit, 10 year-old dinosaur, so it may be I just need to upgrade my computer.

Comments

• Have you tried going to the FS, fill style, bitmap fills tab, and checking to see if scale is checked or not ? Oh, and occasionaly, very very rare, CC3 will slip back to 'solid fill' instead of bitmap fill. I think its a slip of my hand on the mouse buttons, but that is something you could also check on.
  • Hi lmglegg!

I'll try to help you with this but I need to ask a few questions first. When you say that the fill styles show up as solid colors in a map, how are you adding them to the map?
    -Have you imported the fills into the map using Tools>Insert bitmap fill styles?
    -Once imported have you created new drawing tools to use them - or
    have you set the fill style dialog (FS: on top right) to one of the bitmap fills then used the draw button?

If you could explain how you got them into the map and then how you have drawn with them, I should be able to track down the problem. Like JimP said, It sounds like you are still using the solid brush fill rather than a bitmap fill.
  • JimP and Shessar,

I selected a new batch of fills and set the scale to 5 as shown in Shessar's instructions, but then unchecked the "Scaled" box right before importing - everything is working perfectly now. I cannot thank you both enough for your swift responses and your willingness to give up your time to help out the community. I always try to research and sort things out myself before asking for help, but I'd hit a brick wall with this one. A million thanks again.

All the best,

lmglegg
  • I'm glad you got it figured out lmglegg. Don't hesitate to ask questions as they come up, that's what the forum here is for. :)

Have fun mapping!