CC3+ Upgrade

I've had CC3 with CD3, DD3 & FT for quite a while. But since I reformatted my PC and upgraded to Windows 10, I haven't gotten around to re-installing them. If I purchase the CC3+ upgrades and others, do I have to dig out my current CC3 disks and reinstall them first, before installing the the +upgrade?

ISTR it being a bit of a pain the last time I installed everything, because my CC3 is an upgrade from an earlier version, and I had to install that earlier one, then CC3. I'd just as soon skip that again if I could.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    CC3+ is a standalone installer, you don't need to have CC3+ installed. The "upgrade" is basically a license upgrade, upgrading your entitlement to CC3+, not an in-place installed software upgrade.

Are you sure you remember the CC3 upgrade correctly though? I've never encountered a CC3 installer that requires you to do this, AFAIK the CC3 installer was always standalone as well. I remember that there was an in-place upgrade for CC2 to CC Pro though.
  • Yeah, it might have been the CC2 to CC Pro upgrade. I originally started with the CC lite version or whatever it was that was included in the AD&D 2nd Edition CD bundle. Good times. Thanks for the quick answer, I'll give it a shot.