Convert Annual to CC3+?

Is there a way for me to manually convert an Annual to CC3+?

I'm working with the 13th Age style from Vol 6 and I love it. However, working with it is so slow. I've gotten used to the speed of CC3+ and working with the sheet effects on. I have to wait several minutes to see effects in CC3. I know, I'm whining but if I hadn't been using CC3+ I wouldn't have noticed. It's like I went from Cadillac service to ... something not very fun. Seriously, CC3+ is a HUGE improvement over CC3.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Yes.

For the most basic functionality, copy everything to their receptive places in the cc3+ data directory (templates, symbol catalogs, symbols, fills, drawing tools)
    To get proper external resource handling, each symbol catalog and template must be opened in turn, and run the FFIX command on them.
    If you want symbol catalog buttons to work properly, you must also create symbol catalog settings for each symbol catalog, and probably define a new master filter.
  • The first step I can do. This sounds like I'd be able to use everything just without quick buttons? I'd have to choose Draw>>Terrain etc?

You lost me at the next 2 steps.

I'll just keep working with it as is unless there is a really in-depth tutorial on this subject.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited September 2016
    Actually, all the buttons in the left toolbar (terrain, etc) should be working (assuming you copied everything over correctly), what won't work is the symbol catalog buttons, which means you need to manually load each symbol catalog you wish to use.

Step 2 is just opening up each of these files in CC3+, type FFIX on the command line, and save the file. Note that templates and symbol catalogs must be opened as if they were map files, not just into the symbol catalog window.

Step 3 is a little more involved. The Tome explains the details behind it if you have it. (Note that the Tome describes how these things work and how to use them, it doesn't provide tutorials specifically for converting annuals)

Also note that while it is certainly possible to do this, converting annuals or other add-ons never was intended as a do-it-yourself task for users. There are more to it than my steps here, but doing the first two steps correclty sets you up with most of the functionality you need, and compatibility for your maps when the official update is out.
  • I greatly appreciate your help and patience Monsen.