The Free Viewer/Printer and CC3+

Can anyone help with this? A friend of mine is getting the Free Viewer/Printer and I sent her one of my maps in CC3+. My question is will the Viewer view the CC3+ file? Because if not I'm gonna have to handscan it into my scanner and send her a copy; and I'd rather not do that.

Thanks in advance!

LLAP

Nacon4

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    This won't work with CC3+ maps unfortunately (Well, at least not those containing raster artwork).

But you shouldn't have to scan your map, you can simply save it as an image file directly from CC3+ and send her that.
  • Posted By: MonsenThis won't work with CC3+ maps unfortunately (Well, at least not those containing raster artwork).

But you shouldn't have to scan your map, you can simply save it as an image file directly from CC3+ and send her that.
    I would, but I keep getting this message no matter what file type I try to save it to.
    Have you installed the latest update? I remember that being an issue at one time, but that should be fixed long ago. It might also happen if the export is so large that you run out of memory, but CC3+ should check this beforehand, and normally refuse to start if it is too big.
  • Posted By: MonsenHave you installed the latest update? I remember that being an issue at one time, but that should be fixed long ago. It might also happen if the export is so large that you run out of memory, but CC3+ should check this beforehand, and normally refuse to start if it is too big.
    As far as I know, I've installed the latest update; but you might be right about the file. I think it may be too big. This would seem to be confirmed by my saving my Dungeon to a .jpeg.

Thanks!

LLAP

Nacon4
    Try reducing the export resolution a bit then, that should help if size is the case.
  • Posted By: MonsenTry reducing the export resolution a bit then, that should help if size is the case.
    I don't want to seem like a total imbecile; but how do you do that?

LLAP

Nacon4
  • Do a save as, select graphic type, click the options button on the lower right of the save as popup. You can set the export pixel size there.
  • I may not have the update; could someone please link me the update, as nothing I've tried has helped? And while it's a bigger file 384k than my Dungeon (282 k), I really don't think it's that big. I am totally lost.

LLAP

Nacon4
    It is on your registration page, just click the arrow next to the CC3+ entry.
  • What do I do if I had deleted it?
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited September 2016
    Nacon4, do you mean you deleted the file you downloaded to your computer? If so, don't worry. There's no limit to the number of times you can download the files, just a limit on the number of computers where you can install them.

You don't need the update to adjust the resolution when you save to an image file, though. As Jim said, when you click File>Save As from the menu, and then choose an image format from the Save As dialog box, there should be an Options button that you can click, to set the resolution.

However, if you need the update:
    1. Go to your registration page, as Monsen, pointed out.
    2. Click the Downloads & Updates tab.
      A list of your registered products displays.
    3. Click the arrow next to the Campaign Cartographer 3 Plus entry
      A "pop-up window" of Campaign Cartographer 3 Plus download links displays.
    4. Click the link for the CC3+ Update.
      Note: Be sure you download the correct update. There are links for the CC3 Update and for the CC3+ Update. You only need the update for the program you're using, either CC3 or CC3+.
    5. Save the update file to a location you can find easily, such as your desktop or your default download folder.
    6. If you have any open ProFantasy programs, save your work if desired, and then close the programs.
    7. Temporarily disable any anti-virus programs you may have running.
    8. Find the update file on your computer and right-click it.
      A pop-up menu displays.
    9. Click Run as administrator from the pop-up menu.
      The installer runs.
    10. Follow the instructions in the update installer program.
    11. After the installer finishes, re-enable your anti-virus software.
    Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • Dogtag,

Does it matter if I have both CC3+ and CC3?

LLAP

Nacon4
  • I've got a general question for anybody who would like to answer it. Will the Free Viewer/Printer ever be upgraded to work with CC3+?

LLAP

Nacon4
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited September 2016
    Nacon4 asked:Does it matter if I have both CC3+ and CC3?
    No, it doesn't matter so long as you download and run the update for the correct program. CC3 and CC3+ each have their own updates (see step 4, above).

You should run the update for each program, though, when you get a chance. So, if you have CC3 but have not run the update for that, either, then you should do so at some point, ideally before you use it again.

I hope that helps,
    ~Dogtag
  • You have to use different folders for CC3 and CC3+.

/datafolders/Profantasy/CC3/
    /datafolders/Profantasy/CC3Plus/

is how I do it.