Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2016 edited

Hi folks,

There was some discussion about shaded polygons in a previous thread, and Gathar made a great little video and posted the link to demonstrate the command. It's short and sweet (just over 3 minutes) and shows off how powerful the command is, but it has no narration or captions and some people might have a little trouble reproducing the result.

I promised someone, in a whispered part of that thread, that I'd put something together that would walk viewers through the process. So, here it is. It's a little long, clocking in at just over 11 minutes, but I hope it explains the command well enough to get people experimenting.

Shaded Polygon (Angle by Edge) Tutorial (Video, 11:16)

I hope it helps. If it does, you may be interested in some of the other video tutorials I've posted.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag

Note: An earlier version of the video incorrectly stated that the regular Shaded Polygon command does not use Global Sun. Both, the Shaded Polygon and the Shaded Polygon (Angle by Edge) commands use Global Sun. The current version of the video is correct. Happily, this had no effect on the actual tutorial itself.
    • CommentAuthorNacon4
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2016

You are a scholar and a gentleman sir. I tip my hat to you. The only part of the video I didn't like was when the video stopped it locked the browser, so I had to reload the page/discussion. Very small price to pay for such excellent info! Thank you, Dogtag!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2016 edited

You're welcome. Sorry about the browser issue. The video is just an MP4 video file so I'm not sure why it would cause a problem, but I'm glad it was simple to remedy.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2016

Oh Dogtag

That is just fabulous.

Thank you so much for taking all that time and trouble :)
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

But wait! There's more.... :)

Thank you for this!!! Excellent, excellent stuff.
    • CommentAuthorwarhound

Thanks for putting this up!
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Could this be another one for the Tutorial links page?
    Some really nice tutorials. :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2016

Thanks, Charles. I hope they're helpful.