Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2016 edited

Hi folks,

There was some discussion about shaded polygons in a previous thread, and Gathar made a great little video and posted the link to demonstrate the command. It's short and sweet (just over 3 minutes) and shows off how powerful the command is, but it has no narration or captions and some people might have a little trouble reproducing the result.

I promised someone, in a whispered part of that thread, that I'd put something together that would walk viewers through the process. So, here it is. It's a little long, clocking in at just over 11 minutes, but I hope it explains the command well enough to get people experimenting.

Shaded Polygon (Angle by Edge) Tutorial (Video, 11:16)

I hope it helps. If it does, you may be interested in some of the other video tutorials I've posted.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
    • CommentAuthorNacon4
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2016

You are a scholar and a gentleman sir. I tip my hat to you. The only part of the video I didn't like was when the video stopped it locked the browser, so I had to reload the page/discussion. Very small price to pay for such excellent info! Thank you, Dogtag!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2016 edited

You're welcome. Sorry about the browser issue. The video is just an MP4 video file so I'm not sure why it would cause a problem, but I'm glad it was simple to remedy.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2016

Oh Dogtag

That is just fabulous.

Thank you so much for taking all that time and trouble :)
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

But wait! There's more.... :)

Thank you for this!!! Excellent, excellent stuff.
    • CommentAuthorwarhound

Thanks for putting this up!
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Could this be another one for the Tutorial links page?
    Some really nice tutorials. :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2016

Thanks, Charles. I hope they're helpful.