Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2016

A town off from the main space port. A library, schools for different age groups, apartments, a town hall, offices for various companies. CD3 Bitmap Medieval BTL Base buildings and Futuristic from CD3. Along with CA99 buildings.

Likely add power plants in a later map, off to one side.
      marstown01_0010b2.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2016 edited

A small bump on the Trans-Martian Highway.
      marsport03_0004b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2016

A start on two under water cities on Mars. The green is a sea mount 100' below the water's surface. The domes are CC3+ CSUAC symbols.
      underwater_city01_0004b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Well, I apparently have misplaced in CDs and hard drives the original map I made for this future Mars. I have a jpg, but adding text to it looks off. So I found another Mars false-color jpg. I had to move a city location anyway. And I think this one looks better.
      Mars01b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP

A bit more on the underwater city. Ruins ? Yes, some enterprising person decided to buy up land and add some cometary water ice. Water levels rose in the Grand Ocean... and the person who was going to sell beach front property, was ruined as so much water was added his sea mount is under water. Two folks interested in building underwater cities bought the land at auction and built these two so far. The ruins belonged to the enterprising person.
      underwater_city01b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2017

I need to make more of these. I have added some Middle Ages type structures to it from Bogie and CSUAC2. Done in CC3+
      future03b.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2017

Since you are using Bogie and CSUAC 2, have you checked out the Dundjinni Archives? There is a modern and sci-fi section there (Volume 3 of the collection). Might be some usable symbols for you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2017 edited

I really like your newest downport. And the font fits the style.
    • CommentAuthorRoyalWolf
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2017

the last one is my favorite one
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

Nice!

You've shared quite a few downports with us over the years, Jim. Out of curiosity, do you map the corresponding starports too? Does your campaign's Mars have more than one starport/downport? :-D

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I have the Dundjinni files for CC3.

Thanks.

As for the spaceports... Using FT3 to make a planet is quick. Adding that to a partcular sub-sector and sector, slow.

I haven't typed up much in the way of star systems and who lives there ,etc. less than 400 Universal World Profiles, and I have over 1,000 systems. Only about 56 planet surveys which have details on a solar system.

My feeling on Mars, is it has one star port for the future Mars, and one for each empire holding for Space: 1889! Mars. The later is basically Victorian Era Mars.