Can't install Perspectives 3

Hi all

I can't install the per-cc3-compatibility.exe.

Error message:

Sorry your CC3 installation could not be located.
Please install and run CC3 first.

Environment:
Windows 10 64-Bit, latest updates
CC3+ version 3.74
Installation path is pretty standard: "C:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus\fcw32.exe"
Program has been started several times as suggested in other topics here and the computer has been rebooted.

There is also no way to help the program to locate the installation.

I have seen several posts with the same error message for other addons. None of the tips really did the job for me.

Please help me.

Comments

• You need to download the Perspectives 3 for CC3 Plus, the one you downloaded is for CC3.

Its on that same popup in your account.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Also, as Dogtag is frequently saying, remember to install everything as the administrator. You do that by right clicking the install icon and choosing "Run as Administrator"
  • I mistyped. I meant you downloaded the compatibility Perspectives Pro for CC3. That is what ' per-cc3-compatibility.exe.' means. You need to click on Perspectives 3 and download that instead.
  • edited August 2016
    Hi all, The problem is a typo. The entry with the mentioning to install the pro version is the right one. However since it is called "Setup program to install with CC2-Pro", so CC2 instead of CC3, it never occurred me to install that one. However, that is the one that worked. Maybe correct that one to "Setup program to install with CC2-Pro and CC3-Pro". As is I did not dare to touch it before I got the hint here on the forum.

So this is all I got:

Perspectives Pro downloads

Setup program to install with CC2-Pro => Install this one for your CC3-Pro

Essentials booklet PDF

Setup compatible with CC3 => This is the one I tried to install before "per-cc3-compatibility.exe" which seems to me to be the more correct one if you follow pure names.

Since CC2 is 8 years old or so, I really did not even consider to install that one, afraid I would ruin my top up to date version 3.74.
  • edited August 2016
    ADD ON

I was right, while this version installed without any problems, I ruined my CC3-Pro installation. It now starts with an alert and perspective does not work either. (See attached Alert.)

Also the add on does not work, only indicator that it is installed is this message. So I think I simply lack the correct downloads. I only have the CC2 pro one and the CC3 one and a pdf.

So yes I think I am beyond help if I don't get the correct download. I bought this one in spring 2016, so it should be compatible with my CC3 pro 3.74. I don't understand why I don't have access to the correct version.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited August 2016
    Are you accessing the correct entry in your product list, the "Setup program to install with CC2-Pro" and "Setup compatible with CC3" options should appear on the "Perspectives Pro" item in the product list, and neither of those are compatible with CC3+, they are for CC2 and CC3 respectively. The CC3+ version is found under the Perspectives 3 product heading. If you don't have Per 3 there, make sure you have registered your serial correctly.

Also note that Per 3 is a very new product, the pre-released was released in around May, and the full release in July, so if you bouth perspectives before that, you haven't bought the CC3+ version yet, so if so, you need to buy the upgrade. Note that ProFantasy has a 3-month upgrade protection, so if you bought it less than three months before release, the upgrade should be free (This should be handled by the store automatically if you initiate the upgrade from the offers tab on your registration page), outside the free upgrade period there should be a considerable discount.
  • It has been bought the 22th of April or a bit later, when the offer arrived in my Email. At that time I already owned CC3+. So I am a bit astonished that I should have ended up with a non compatible product to my products. In any case I never managed to install it. Since I got a new computer meanwhile I have put more time into installing my softwares and again did not manage to install.
  • and these are the perspective products I got.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited September 2016
    I don't know exactly what your email said, as it is a bit different for each user, but that was the Perspectives 3 announcement email all right.

I am not sure exactly what products where listed in the store that day, perhaps you accidentally bought the wrong product? As mentioned earlier, Perspectives Pro (Which you have) is for CC2/CC3, while Perspectives 3 is the new version for CC3+. I think you should contact the ProFantasy Order desk and explain the situation there, they can probalby sort this out for you.
  • Yeah, I agree with Monson. It looks like you bought the one for CC3 instead of the one for CC3Plus.