On the Forum: Violating the CSUAC EULA

Not too long ago, Lorelei, Ladie Storm and Sue were getting rightfully upset about their maps showing up illegally on other websites. Unfortunately, some folks here apparently don't think the same rights and courtesies belong to Dundjinni creators.

I've been gone to Austria the last few days, but I see there's now action on the forum that openly violates the EULA for the CSUAC. It's the same abuse that Lorelei, Ladie Storm and Sue experienced. When you installed the CSUAC, you accepted the terms of the CSUAC EULA (End User License Agreement). Your right to use the objects in the CSUAC come from and only from the EULA, in which you clearly agreed to accept and abide by its terms. In the EULA it also clearly states that you must cease using the CSUAC and remove it from your computer if you do not comply with the terms of the license.

The place where the EULA is being violated is here:

http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=6335.

In this thread, one user is modifying CSUAC symbols and passing them on to a third person. The EULA clearly prohibits the further distribution of the objects in the CSUAC. This not only is illegal, but also is rude and just as bad as stealing someone else's maps ... as with Lorelei, Ladie Storm and Sue.

There are only three organizations or persons who are entitled to distribute the CSUAC symbols: The Dundjinni Forum itself, Jim Hale and us, being the Vintyri (TM) Project. Jim Hale no longer distributes the CSUAC and the Dundjinni Forum has the right to distribute only the Dundjinni version.

We, the Vintyri Project, have a license that applies to us alone. As a part of our license agreement, we must monitor the usage of our distribution to see, to the best of our ability, that the EULA is not being violated. We take that responsibility very seriously. In that respect, I want to see these abuses stopped now.

If you want to modify CSUAC symbols for others, go ahead and do it, but do so legally. This is the legal way:

1) Join the Dundjinni Forum as a member, if you haven't yet. It costs nothing and you are not required to be a Dundjinni user.

2) Tell the person for whom you are modifying the symbol to do the same.

3) Post your modified symbol on the Dundjinni forum, following the forum rules and guidelines:

a) Describe the modification being made.

b) Save it with the complete, original file name, adding an underline and your initials to the end of the file name.

Example: Let us say I have modified a symbol by Hans Wurscht named "9B6 House01_hw." Then I would name my version House01_hw_vp (VP for Vintyri Project).

c) Tell your friend that you've posted.

As I said, I take my responsibility here seriously. Please don't bother telling me that you didn't read the EULA. That's just telling me that you're irresponsible. You also can skip telling me what your dissenting legal opinion is. I couldn't care less. Just keep in mind that I intend to see that our distribution of the CSUAC is being used legally. If I can't accomplish that with this message, I'll do so in a more decisive manner.

Mark Oliva
The Vintyri (TM) Project

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I meant no offense Mark. All such modified images have been destroyed. There are no more swords and shields on my PC. I was just trying to help a friend. That's all.

Thank you for humiliating me.

Goodbye everyone

I wish you all the best in the future with your maps.

Sue Daniel
  • MedioMedio Surveyor
    Sue, i think he actually was trying to defend your work, rather than insulting. Right? English is not my native language so maybe i´m wrong...
  • edited August 2016
    In the last post on this subject, I talked about trying civility and professionalism first. That would have been a polite email or whisper with a smiley face. ?
  • Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinsonIn the last post on this subject, I talked about trying civility and professionalism first. That would have been a polite email or whisper with a smiley face. ?
    Yep. :/
  • VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    He was also actually threatening me with further action.
    Just for the record, I've never threatened Sue with anything, nor do I intend to do so.
  • VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinsonIn the last post on this subject, I talked about trying civility and professionalism first. That would have been a polite email or whisper with a smiley face. ?
    If my intention had been to go after Charles or Sue, I would have done it with a whisper or private E-Mail. However, anyone who reads my original posting might note that it is not addressed toward Charles or Sue personally at all. It is addressed to this forum, and it was and is intended to give everyone here a heads-up reminder that you MAY NOT transfer the CSUAC symbols except as I outlined above. There also is no demand that anyone erase or destroy anything. I also have made no complaint to Charles or Sue about what they were doing, nor do I intend to make such a complaint. What they were doing is trivial and frankly, it doesn't interest me much.

However, my signature is on a piece of paper saying that I will react as I did when there are violations of material that I am distributing under license. When I found two complaints from Dundjinni folks in my E-Mailbox yesterday, I did just that, and I would do the same thing again. To everyone: If you want to use the CSUAC, read the EULA and abide by it.
    edited August 2016
    Both Charles and I have uninstalled CSUAC from our systems, which as you know means the Ethran maps are dead - all but the one I had already finished before I ever heard of CSUAC or joined the PF forum. If that doesn't satisfy your artist friends, then let me know, and I will arrange to burn my laptop in front of them.
  • Posted By: Vintyri
    Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinsonIn the last post on this subject, I talked about trying civility and professionalism first. That would have been a polite email or whisper with a smiley face. ?
    If my intention had been to go after Charles or Sue, I would have done it with a whisper or private E-Mail. However, anyone who reads my original posting might note that it is not addressed toward Charles or Sue personally at all. It is addressed to this forum, and it was and is intended to give everyone here a heads-up reminder that you MAY NOT transfer the CSUAC symbols except as I outlined above. There also is no demand that anyone erase or destroy anything. I also have made no complaint to Charles or Sue about what they were doing, nor do I intend to make such a complaint. What they were doing is trivial and frankly, it doesn't interest me much.

However, my signature is on a piece of paper saying that I will react as I did when there are violations of material that I am distributing under license. When I found two complaints from Dundjinni folks in my E-Mailbox yesterday, I did just that, and I would do the same thing again. To everyone: If you want to use the CSUAC, read the EULA and abide by it.
    Thanks Vintyri for posting this and for the great email discussions that we have had. :-)
  • It is my sincere hope that Loopysue returns to the Forum and continues to promote ProFantasy Software with here absolutely stunning artwork. She is a great inspiration to the members of our community. I hope that someday, I can put together a product that looks as great as hers.

Sincerely,

Charles W. Robinson
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/charleswrobinsonprofile
    Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinsonIt is my sincere hope that Loopysue returns to the Forum and continues to promote ProFantasy Software with here absolutely stunning artwork. She is a great inspiration to the members of our community. I hope that someday, I can put together a product that looks as great as hers.
    Hey Charles :D Thanks. I'm starting a new map form. Its called the big red X! LOL!
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    As the request to remove the offending content has been followed and the CSUAC EULA is complied with now, I am closing this thread.
This discussion has been closed.