walls and curved walls

Ok, I have a straight wall that ends in a circular stairway going down, I use arc and draw my circular wall and then I can't get it to combine with the straight wall. I have tried line to path, path to poly, combine path and each time it goes crazy and creates walls in crazy places. also I have trouble selecting the circular wall to use combine path....i have searched and searched......am I doing it wrong. keep in mind I am very new to CC3+ and I make noobs look like artist.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Arc entities don't play to well along with others because the way they work, so always use line to path on arcs first.

Then, when using combine paths, it tries to link the end of the first path to the start of the second path. This may not match up with where you have drawn them to meet, so watch the coomand line. Notice that it offers you the opportunity to flip the First and/or second path. Just use the F and S keys to flip the direction of the paths so that they match up correctly, you'll notice this when there are no weird walls running from the wrong ends. (Ignore the white trails they might leave behind, they go away on next redraw)