Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2016 edited

Here are some of the maps I'm making for my Tunnels and Trolls site. The world map isn't finished.

World map made in CC3, Cosmographer. The town and ruins maps are made in CC3+

Added more to the world map. Added even more to the world map, Aug 16.

The deep blue ocean can/could be a conduit for monsters and/or cold ocean currents. The few medium blue hexes could be sea ports, but no one lives there.
      Bragnol01b.png
      town01b.png
      ruins01bb.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2016

Folks are stopping by my site, using the above link. Any comments on the maps ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

So far, so good, Jim. I've never played T&T myself so I'm not familiar with any special map quirks, but they look good to me.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

You may wish to change the coloration of that world map a little. The deep blue hexes are too blue compared to the other ocean hexes, making them look more like part of the landmass. Maybe make the not-so-deep ocean a little bit darker blue to get a better contrast between land and sea, that would make the map easier to read.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Yeah, doing gradiants in hex mapping is difficult. I'll see what I can come up with.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2016 edited

Two part town/city on 500' x 400' temaplates.
      town02b.png
      town03b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2016

Here is a bit of redo on the world map.
      Bragnol01b2.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2016

Finding a way to get the ocean to look better, when working with hexes, is a problem. I've tried different colors.
      Bragnol01_0033b.png
    • CommentAuthorKenG
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2016

For your Joker map why not lower the hex grid to below the buildings.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2016

Hadn't thought about that. I typically have symbols, then grid, then text.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2016

a very preliminary, just showing major locations, map of icosohedron point number 10 of the world map.

The mountains, hills, and single trees are just place holders at this time. The single trees are actually forests. The volcano will be surrounded by other mountains, etc.
      therocks02b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2016 edited

I have gotten around to numbering the places in Jester for a town directory. Merchant Way in Jester East will be the stores selling to adventurers. Other than that, the Inn and Stables, and the two Tax Collectors, I haven't decided who lives in the rest. 90 areas/buildings total.
      town02b.png
      town03b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2016 edited

Zagond and the area around this nation. Its just below point 2 and point 3 of the world map.

Humans in Zogand. And dwarves, and a few trolls, in the mountains to their east.
      Zagond01b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2016 edited

an update for triangle 10, The Rocks. Did I forget to name the oceans ? Yes, I did. Updating the world map in a bit.
      therocks02b.png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2016 edited

Updated world map.

Looks a bit fuzzy to my eyes, here is a link to the one on my site.
      Bragnol01b.png
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2016

Oh yes :)

I don't usually go a bundle on hex maps (and please don't take that personally), but this one is really quite attractive :)
    • CommentAuthorTonnichiwa
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2016

I like it too. I used to love it when they made those kind of maps for the Traveller game. Though this map looks far better than the ones I have seen for Traveller. Great job JimP :)
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2016

Thanks. Haven't named the south polar ocean yet though.

Except for one or two maps, I have been using Fractal Terrains 3 for my Traveller maps. Create a world, and it exports fcw and png in the Traveller style.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2018

Now a sub-domain, sorry not much in the way of new maps.

my Tunnels and Trolls site