DD3, Break function

I am new to the software and was following the tutorial that can be found on this website for building a DD3 dungeon. I copied every step made by the narrator and demonstration and when I get to the placement of double doors on a wall, I run into a problem. First, I dont have all the symbols the guy in the video has, so i picked a generic double door from the list provided in DD3 (wall enhancements). In the video, the double doors snap into place on the wall and the wall is automatically "broken". I find that I can snap a double door into place, but the wall does not "break".

What am I doing wrong?? Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Make sure you use a door from one of the "Cutting" wall features catalogs. These usually comes in two flavors, cutting, and non-cutting. (Right clicking on the wall features button usually gives you some choices).

As for not having the same doors. Have you tried hitting the symbol style toggle button to look through the available symbol styles? The catalog window only displays one style at a time, but there are many.