Issues with using DD3 "No matching drawing tool"

I was excited to use the application but was incredibly disappointed that it doesn't work properly right out of the box. I am getting the "No matching drawing tool" error only when I left click on the 'Wall' or 'Floor' tool under Dungeon Designer 3. However, when I right click I find that I can use the function but it looks like there are one tenth of the assets that should be available. I know that this program should function intuitively, once installed properly, but I don't know what could possibly be going wrong.

Can anyone walk me through the proper installation if I want to use DD3, or help me figure out what could be going wrong? Because DD3 is the only utility I actually want to use right now.

EDIT: The only assets I have under floor, that I can remember, were four copies of Checkered Floor and Stone Floor I think. I know for sure those aren't the only assets, so I'm wondering where they all ended up going, and why I only have those and how it happened.

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited August 2016
    Hi Azaryin. Welcome to the ProFantasy forums, CC3, and the CC3 Learning Curve™! We all started out where you are now, I swear.

The "No matching drawing tool" error typically happens when trying to use a dungeon tool on an overland map, or vice versa, or other similar mismatch.

Try starting a new map. Choose "Dungeon" from the list of map types, select "Choose my own settings," and then click Next. Select one of the DD3 dungeon types from the list, click Next, and then click Finish. Hopefully that'll help, the drawing tools will work as expected, and you'll have a larger selection of them.

Also, if you haven't downloaded and installed the latest update for CC3 or CC3+ (whichever you're using) then you should do so. Be sure to install all ProFantasy software by right-clicking the program icon and selecting "Run as Administrator."

If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend working through the tutorials in the CC3 Essentials and then the DD3 Essentials booklets. The CC3 one will introduce you to important concepts and functions, even if you don't plan on making overland maps. I'll be honest, I don't find the program to be intuitive at all but, honestly, it gets easier and once you get used to it you can do some pretty amazing stuff! It really helps to read the Essentials booklets and follow the tutorials. They're fun and informative. The CC3 (or CC3+) User Manual has a lot of good information too. And if you like videos, be sure to check out Joe Sweeney's tutorials on YouTube.

Please don't think I'm discouraging questions. It's just that working through these tutorials might answer a lot of them for you and also reduce, or altogether prevent, some frustration.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag