Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2016

I haven't done much mapping lately so decided to play around a bit.
      Rural Temple-Per3.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2016 edited

Wow. Looks amazing. I especially like the iso translation of your much-discussed stream and pond technique.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
    • CommentAuthorJimP

uh, yeah, play around a bit... wow indeed.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

ooooooohhh! this is really neat!! We can do THIS with PER3??? Okay, i've got to just get to working with this program, i bought it months ago and haven't really used it at all yet!
    I have it too, but I'm waiting for the bugs together worked out first. For some reason, my computer wasn't happy with the first install.
    But Shessar, this looks great!
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2016

Cool. That's looking great :)

Can you import bitmap fills from other areas, like Schley or HW?
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2016

Thanks everyone. I love playing with Per3 to see what all can be done with it and it does take playing around with it to get the hang of how everything works.

Sue, yes you can import your own fill styles. The one thing that poses a real challenge are the effects. Since the CC shadow effects do not cast at an iso angle (see trees in the foreground) they would have to be hand drawn for every object to be accurate. I do not have the patience for that sort of thing.

Lorelei and LadieStorm, you really should play with it! I would love to see your talents done in iso style! I know JimP does some great work with perspectives already. Please, add yours to the forums too.

Dogtag, HAHA. Yep. I'm sure everyone will eventually get sick of seeing rock lined shores in CC maps. :D
    • CommentAuthorTonnichiwa
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2016

This is really great Shessar. I haven't really played with it much since I couldn't get the roof tiles to line up properly but I love what you've done with it.
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2016

Thanks tonnichiwa! I took a break from it too and only started playing around again since the official release. I haven't tried out importing roof images yet, but the update file said it was fixed. I look forward to seeing more of your maps again!