Issue with CA116 Scortching sun

I tried to install the new style Scorching sun. My current campaign happens in a Arabian night setting, for which I have already created the map (http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=4976), but for which this new style might be very useful.

Unfortunately, it does not work very well. I start a new map, with the metric option, at first, it works correctly, but as soon as I click on any catalogue, it looks like it instead opens the style that was previously used (in the case on the screenshot, it was CA115, but if I create a map with another style before, it will be this style). Moreover, in addition with the wrong symbols being used, the tools all take a very strange bitmap fill.

I installed the latest update of CC3+ (update 8), and tried repairing the style (running the installer as an administrator), but that does not change anything.

I hope the attached screenshot will explain better. Between the two images, I just select a different symbol set, then go back to the first one.

Comments

• Did you install the annual as admin ? That is the preffered way.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited August 2016
    I installed as admin — as I do with all PF products — and I'm encountering a similar but different issue.

When creating an overland map, choosing settings myself and selecting a CA116 style (either one), I encounter the following.
    Clicking any catalog button except Skirmish/Vegetation opens a blank Select Catalog Setting dialog, except for the filter, which is correct for the catalog button used (e..g, Structures* or Natural*). The vegetation symbol catalog that displays is the default DD3 catalog. I am able to manually navigate to, and open, the CA116 catalogs.

Likewise, the Master Settings Filters are set to
    • DD3 Color
    • DD Pro Filled
    • DD Pro Line
    • DD Pro Mono
    If I create an overland map and choose the template, there are no CA116 Scorching Sun pre-defined templates.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Not having what you do, this is only a wild guess thrown in from the side, but could this be anything to do with the annuals being updated to suit CC3+?

(You know me and wild guesses :) )
  • JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited August 2016
    When I go to the Annual first time, I see 116 Symbols.

I went form 116 to 106, no symbols from previous issue; hwoever, I always type new on the command line and press the enter key, before i make a new map.

Have you tried that ?

And I don't get a blank catalog when I click on a symbol icon to load the symbol set.
    edited August 2016
    My installation does not contain a symbol catalog master filter file (*.sif), which the OnNewMacro and OnOpenMacro macros try to load (via the SYMICONFLOAD command). It also has no symbol catalog settings files (*.sis). I'm going to try reinstalling to see if that helps.

EDIT: Nope. Still missing the symbol catalog master filter and settings files. On a side note, I see that I'm missing them for CA112 (1800's Floorplans), as well. Hopefully Ralf will be kind enough to take a look when he gets back from GenCon (where I should be, too! *sniff*).

Thanks,
    ~Dogtag
    edited August 2016
    Posted By: JimPAnd I don't get a blank catalog when I click on a symbol icon to load the symbol set.
    Me either, Jim. Sorry for the confusion. The initial catalog (Mountains) loads fine. When I click the catalog buttons, I get the Select Catalog Setting dialog. This dialog box typically lists catalogs to choose from that match a filter at the bottom of the dialog. For this annual, the dialog displays, along with a filter, but the list of available catalog files is blank. You can see the dialog I'm talking about by selecting Symbols>Symbol Settings from the menu bar.

It appears my installation of the annual is missing the symbol settings files and the symbol master filter file. There are no "CA116" files in the folders where I'd expect them:
    C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\System\Symbol Catalog Master Filters and
    C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\System\Symbol Catalog Settings

EDIT: As I mentioned before, I'm also missing symbol settings files and the symbol master filter for CA112 (1800's Floorplans). I haven't had time to play with that issue, however, so I don't know if CA112 is actually supposed to have them.
    edited August 2016
    Loopysue guessed:Not having what you do, this is only a wild guess thrown in from the side, but could this be anything to do with the annuals being updated to suit CC3+?
    Thanks, but I doubt it. This year's annual is made specifically for CC3+, so nothing has been "updated" or "converted," to my knowledge. But, hey, just about anything's possible where computers are concerned, especially if they've developed consciousness and are plotting against us.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    LOL! I was hoping my silly idea might just continue to be glossed over! LOL!
  • Has a fix been put up for this yet?
    edited August 2016
    Not that I'm aware of. Ralf is probably just getting back from GenCon (where I should've been too, dangit!), which ended Sunday.

Have you encountered any problems with it, Shessar?
  • Yep. My experience is the same as yours and Gathar's.

I'm sure Ralf will fix it once he gets back and settled. (Making it to GenCon is one of my life's goals.)
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Oh, my apologies. Those catalog settings and the master filter did indeed got left out. Please re-download the annual 116 from your registration page and reinstall it. It should be fixed now.

P.S.: I got delayed in the big Delta tangle on Tuesday, that's why I only saw this thread now.
    Thanks Ralf. The updated download seems to have fixed the problem.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • Thanks Ralf ! The Delta thing was a broken computer, and the back up computer also failed.
  • Perfect, thank you Ralf.

After the ordeal with Delta Airlines, I hope that you can get a few days for rest and recovery. :D
  • 116 now says I might have to reboot due to files being active. I hadn't run CC3+ since yesterday. The installer didn't say reboot other than that 'you might have to' message, but I rebooted anyway.
  • GatharGathar Traveler
    It works for me now. Thanks!
  • One other thing I noticed is that the Sheets and Effects for this Annual also seems to default to the Ancient Realms 1000 x 800 style, even after my reinstall. I was curious why my seas were appearing so washed out and edge faded and not getting the nice glow effect that is shown on the Annual 116 PDF.

From what I can tell (I'm kind of a newb to some of this) there are a couple sheets that don't auto-create when using that style, too-- Sea and Land Features (Mountains). The Template in the Map Notes lists as Ancient Realms style, but I have no idea if that affects anything to get it to properly load up on startup of a new map, rather than manually tweaking it.