The White Council - CA3+, Complete

Satukuno, Council of the Hvitalfr, the Ancient One, and the Head of our Order.

Towards the end of the Faith Wars, Satukuno, a great wizard of Perituhan decided to gather all of the white elves together to form the Council of the Hvitalfr, the White Council. We are very old, so old that our hair has turned white, and our skin has begun to wrinkle. We have lived far longer than we should have; for Elves live about a 1,000 years. Unlike the other races of Kelleemah, our gods were not dragged here with us. Some believe that we have been chosen to be the new gods of the Elves. Satukuno is the oldest I think, but I am not sure. At the time, we did not know how many of us there were. Satukuno used magic to find and summon us to his tower in Perituhan; a very powerful magic that could reach the far corners of Kelleemah. A magic I am afraid, that may have come with a price. Although we do not consider ourselves gods in any way, shape, or form; some of our people have begun praying to us. I can feel them, like whispers in another room. In all, there are thirteen of us. We are very powerful, but we are not all good. We represent all of our tribes and we are not without faults. I for one, do not wish to become a god, for I have met my share. The council is important though and Satukuno is a wise and good leader.

Signed,

The Father, Council of the Hvitalfr, the Lord of Destiny, and the Patron Saint of Orphans.

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited August 2016
    Aaaah. I was wondering when we would get to the really good guys! You say they are not all good, but even the good guys are only 'human' in their basal instincts aren't they , and even near-perfect elves have their faults ;)

He does indeed look wise and gentle compared to the others! Congratulations Charles - another well depicted character :)
  • edited August 2016
    Dewikuda, Council of the Hvitalfr, the Shining Queen, and Bearer of Bersinar.

Dewikuda is a lifelong friend of Satukuno. She is also the Great Grandmother of Wayland Kebaikan. Dewikuda commands the famed unicorn cavalry of Perituhan; an all-female regiment. Her skills as a rider and a warrior is legendary. The Royal Regiment has benefited greatly from her leadership and training. She is also the bearer of the ancient spear of Bersinar, a mighty artifact handed down through the generations from Pertama, the very first Wayland of the Elves. It was her idea to use magic to find and summon the White Elves. She had envisioned a grand hall full of our people’s finest heroes. Let’s just say, that it did not work out exactly the way she imagined. It was Dewikuda that dispatched Lady Coreius to stop Lotan's quest.

Signed,

The Father, Council of the Hvitalfr, the Lord of Destiny, and the Patron Saint of Orphans.
  • edited August 2016
    Panyair, Council of the Hvitalfr, the Dream Weaver, and the Legend Keeper.

Panyair is the husband of Gadis. They are the only married couple within the White Council. They had met during the 3rd Shedim War while tending to the survivors of the disaster that created the shattered isles. They were married there, among the greatest loss of lives that anyone had ever seen. The races of the fey may never fully recover. Panyair helped with everyday tasks in the survivor camps of Benteng Pulau and played tunes to help sooth their spirits. He is a gifted musician and song writer and he has captured much of our history and legends in his songs. But, it was his songs of life and love that brought hope to many in those dark times.

Signed,

• I like them but I think my favorite is the Shining Queen. Great job on these Charles :)
  • Thanks tonnichiwa! I am getting a lot out of CA3+ that I needed for my world. Ten more to go for the White Council. :-)
  • edited August 2016
    Gadis, Council of the Hvitalfr, the White Maiden, and Lady Sorrow.

Gadis is the spouse of Panyair. She is a healer and a magician. She met Panyair in the survivor camps of Benteng Pulau where she tended to the injured. Although her specialty was in healing magic, she used her medical training more, for there were far too many patients for her to use magic on. Each spell exacted a toll on her and she could only memorize so many spells at a time. Even then, finding the spell components took more precious effort and time than she had in the all of the chaos. She kept the healing magic for the worst of cases, but even then it often came down to numbers. A spell may save a young elf's life with the most grievous of injuries, or she could save four others who were not as bad off, but would only survive if she used her magic. I can only imagine the hard decisions that were forced upon her. I am glad that she has Panyair to sooth her troubled spirit.

Signed,

• Another nice looking NPC. I love how Greek she looks.
  • edited August 2016
    Belukar & Taman, Council of the Hvitalfr, the Sisters of the Grove, and the High Druids of Tinefain.

Belukar & Taman are the High Druids of Tinefain. Normally, this position is held by a single person. But, Belukar & Taman are identical twins. They are the same in almost every way. There are but two differences between them, where they part their hair, and the magic that they use. Belukar uses the powers of the day while Taman uses the powers of the earth. All Tinefain Druids are noble born and as such, are full blooded Elves. Elvin twins do all things together out of tradition; this is why both get to serve as the High Druids of the Tinefain. There is not much to really say about the twins, for they are very formal in their ways and speech. The Druids hold a special place among the Tinefain that commands respect. It was an attitude that filled the room like a fine fragrance that was overpowering.

Signed,

• edited August 2016
    Kemarahan, Council of the Hvitalfr, the Rager, and the Scourge of the Vigaferli.

Kemerahan is one of the Huldafolk, the Hidden People. These elves live in the far north in the lands of Sutheimr and in the northern Beorgumende. Kemerahan hales from the hidden kingdom of Vatndalr - Valley of the Lakes; which is located north of the Grendelkjarr in Sutheimr. Kemerahan had lost his family to a raid by the Vigaferli a very long time ago; before the coming of mankind. He left his people and dwelt with the Tuniit in the wilds of the north. The Tuniit are one of the old-ones that were here before the coming of the Fey to Kelleemah and appear to be related to mankind. Along with the Tuniit, he waged war on the Vigaferli; hunting and ambushing them. The Tuniit were a good people, but not long after the coming of man, a plague took most of them. They retreated to the barren northlands except in central Sutheimr where some dwell to this day. With the plague and the migrations northward, his kin completely lost contact with Kemarahan. None of his people believed that he was still alive until he arrived at Satukuno’s tower. He has lived with the primitive Tuniit for longer than he has lived with his own kin, he is no longer Elvish in the minds of some. He can only speak a few Elvin words and sits quietly when not engaged. He always seems to have a scowl on his face and sometimes mutters in the language of the Tuniit. Kemarahan has lost his way and has become wild. He is still full of anger and only finds joy in battle. He is what is known among the Vagoth as a Berserker, what we call, a Rager.

Signed,

• edited August 2016
    Pemburu, Council of the Hvitalfr, the Hunter, and the Deliverer of Vengeance.

Pemburu is from Dataran Kuda and is friends with both Satukuno and Dewikuda. He has been hunting the vilest of creatures since the end of the Second Shedim War when the Fey were drawn into the lands of Kelleemah. He seeks out and destroys evil beings of all types, but has a particular hatred of the Shedim. Many of the Shedim were left behind during each of the demonic wars and are hidden throughout Kelleemah. Some of these have even attracted huge followings of cultists to do their bidding. He is driven to find and destroy these cults of evil; at any cost.

Signed,

• edited August 2016
    Wisatawan, Council of the Hvitalfr, the Wanderer, and Spy Master.

Wisatawan is from the island nation of Perinusa. He is an adventurer and a sell sword that has travelled the world. He now works on the behalf of the White Council. He has setup a ring of spies and observers throughout Kelleemah that keeps a constant watch on all that goes on and sends regular reports to the White Council. His network is everywhere, from the wilds, the realms of evil, to the slums, and even among society’s elite. There are few things that happen in Kelleemah that does not eventually reach the ears of Wisatawan.

Signed,

• edited August 2016

What to say about myself? I always avoid writing about me; part of it is the self-doubt and the other is the secrets that I keep. How do I describe what I do and who I am? I used to earn money as a finder of things which could be objects, people, secrets, and even knowledge. I have travelled the world and have seen many strange and evil things. At some point, I started searching these things out, not for others, but for myself; for I had begun to care. I had been avoiding my fate, for I had feared it. I still fear it, but I have accepted it. I started the orphanages. They exist throughout Kelleemah and I check in on them as I can. I never use my real name, but use the title of Father. I cannot save every child, but when I find one that is special, I bring the child to one of my orphanages. I arrange for the financial support of each of these orphanages and the training of the children. Unlike most children, they get to choose what they want to do in their lives and get the best training that can be provided. The Grigori has even named me as the Patron Saint of Orphans. I am the only one of the Elvin kind to receive such an honorific from the Grigori.

I do not live among my kindred, I never had. I do not know who my parents are, my first memories are of slavery. I was rescued as a young teen when a pirate ship attacked us near the entrance to the Sea of Caves and I finished growing up among the Free Peoples. As such, I am still learning about my people. The Elvin people do not know what to think of me. Some see me as a beacon of hope, others fear me. They wonder about the children I have chosen and why I chose them. These children are chosen from among all the races and are of either sex. They have grown up to be both good and evil, both famous and unknown, and so they do not understand my reasons. They never will I am afraid, for the ripples of fate are sometimes immediate, and at other times, farther down the path of generations. Even now that I have accepted my fate, I am not sure of the future. Will I be the hero or the villain? Maybe, I am both? The Book of the Crow Ravings and its prophecies does not say. Neither does the visions.

Signed,

• edited August 2016
    Legion, Council of the Hvitalfr, the King of Fools, and the Prince of Knaves.

I have been friends with Legion for longer than most beings in this world has been alive. I count him as a friend, even if I am disappointed in his behavior from time to time. Most of Elvin kind look down on him for he has little in the way of dignity. He is a fool and foul mouthed. He is a drunkard and a womanizer. He is a practitioner of illusion and is an exceptional thief. But, I have never seen him kill anyone unless he was defending himself or another. He is a humble being and helps many who are in need. He is a vagabond for sure, but we served together in the third Shedim War and I can tell you, he is cautious, but he is no coward. I have never seen the true Legion though. I do not know why, but he always cloaks himself in illusion and like me, has never revealed his true name. Satukuno could not even peer through his veil. You could tell that Legion felt very awkward during our first meeting in Satukuno’s tower, but Legion sure did appreciate his rare wine collection.

Signed,

• edited December 2016
    Tuahitam, Council of the Hvitalfr, the Mistress of Despair & Madness, and a Dragon Knight of the Mad Queen.

Lady Tuahitam caused quite a stir when she arrived, of course it could have something to do with landing a fire breathing dragon in the courtyard. Satukuno and Dewikuda should have known, but did not take into consideration, that one of the White Elves could also be one of the Kegelapan; as ancient and powerful as any of us. She sauntered into the study where we were meeting and stopped, letting us take a good look at her as she swept the room with her gaze. She then whirled around, placing her helmet and weapons in the corner and out of the way. You could see that she liked commanding our attention. She walked up to Satukuno as he sat behind his desk, and placed both hands on the desk leaning toward him with a big smile of pointed teeth and then said “Thanks for the invitation. It has been awhile since I have been to a party.” She laughed and found herself a nice fluffy chair. As it turned out, for an evil being, she was quite charming.

Signed,

• Yangsatu, Council of the Hvitalfr, Sedang Sekarat, and Kematian.

The last to arrive was the Kematian, an Elvin undead. They had recently risen from the waters of Sheol in the Shattered Isles. Indeed, it was the day after Satukuno had cast his spell to summon the White Elves together. Needless to say, it was even more disturbing than Tuahitam’s arrival with the dragon. Especially since the dragon whimpered and flew away as she walked by. It quickly grew cold and the fire under the mantel was snuffed out as she entered the room. She said nothing and just stood there. Tuahitam was the first to approach her, confident in her own power. “So, what do we call you? Lady Goul?” asked Tuahitam is a sarcastic tone. The Kematian replied in old Elvish “Yangsatu”. Tuahitam new the old tongue well, we all did. She replied “The one, the one what? The one of the cold deep water?” Tuahitam seemed pleased with herself as she stared at the Kematian. Yangsatu leaned forward and whispered slowly to Tuahitam. You could see the frost forming on the dark skinned cheeks as she blinked and her smile faded. She stumbled back a few steps, her courage gone. Satukuno asked “What did the Kematian say?” I do not know if it was fear or the cold, but with an unsteady voice, Tuahitam replied “She said Yangsatu, Sedang Sekarat.” The mood was dark indeed, for it translates to… I am the one at death’s door.

Signed,

• Yep, the shining queen is my favorite. I think it is because I like how the armor isn't so pronounced around the chest like you see on so many other woman characters. I've never liked the exaggerated women that you see so often in fantasy art. This one is nice because it doesn't do that. And she seems to be strong. That's always cool.
  • Thanks tonnichiwa for your input!

I wonder which ones the others like the most. :-)