Toolbar buttons missing from CC3+ (DD3 button)

Hi All,
I always start here before I do a repair ticket but I'm having a problem I don't know how to fix.

I have CC3+ and CC3 both installed on my computer. I've downloaded and installed both and all the addon's that I can for both and then downloaded the latest update for both of them. (I double checked DD3+ addon install and CC3+ update)

However, I noticed that the Dungeon Designer Toolbar button is missing from CC3+
It exists in CC3.

I have the following toolbars in CC3
Map Menu, Dungeon Menu, City Menu, Character Menu, (a space), Perspectives Menu, Cosmographer Menu, SS3 Menu, SS4 Menu, Castles Menu, Temples Menu, and Cities Menu

I have the following toolbars in CC3+
Map Menu, (space), City Menu, Character Menu, (space), Perspectives Menu, (space), SS3 Menu, SS4 Menu

Am I missing any other CC3+ menus? (I don't own Dioramas or WW2 Atlas)

Comments

• In the CC3+ folder run CC3MenuConfig.exe and exit CC3+ then run CC3+. Or Rerun the CC3+ installer and do a Repair.
  • that fixed it thanks. Now the fun of seeing if I can get the Vintyri addon to work :)
  • VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    Posted By: JimPIn the CC3+ folder run CC3MenuConfig.exe and exit CC3+ then run CC3+. Or Rerun the CC3+ installer and do a Repair.
    It would be better if you exit CC3+ before you run CC3MenuConfig.exe
  • Ah, I thought I had typed it that way. My apologies.
  • I couldn't find CC3MenuConfig.exe I used a search to find it and when I did it said it was missing a file and couldn't run. Is this a special program I should download to fix this issue?
  • JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited August 2016
    It should be in both your CC3 and CC3Plus folders with the other Profantasy programs. It is part of the CC3 and CC3Plus install.

Depending on your computer setttings, you may or may not see the .exe file type ending.

If you still cannot find it, rereun the CC3 and CC3Plus install programs and do a Repair this time.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited August 2016
    Running the update again typically does the trick. Be sure to always run ProFantasy setup files by right-clicking and then choosing "Run as Administrator" from the popup menu.

That said, mehrkat, I thought you ran CC3MenuConfig.exe to fix your DD3 button issue. Are you saying you can no longer find it?

Very strange indeed. I fear a hostile A.I. may have possessed your computer.
  • edited August 2016
    Sorry I have two computers. The first I did a repair and it fixed the issue. the second computer I did a repair and it didn't fix it.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited October 2016
    Can you be more specific? What did you try on the second computer that didn't work?

If you have not already tried running the update [again], you may want to try that. Be sure to right-click and select "Run as Administrator." Also, be sure it is the update for the correct program you're trying to fix (CC3 vs CC3+).
  • 1 month later
  • Is this program meant to give any visible indication of being run?
  • Posted By: SkloreIs this program meant to give any visible indication of being run?
    Remy Monsen's answer might or might not be correct. It depends upon what you mean by "this program." If you're referring to CC3MenuConfig.exe ... no ... it doesn't give you any visible indication of what is being run.

If you're referring to the update, it certainly does have a screen routine, giving you a choice between repairing or removing the program. You need the repair option. However, you need to be certain that you have the CURRENT update, not a version of the update, not one that you downloaded two months ago.

When you rerun the update, it downloads the newest version of a file called online.cfg that determines how your toolbars are built. Without a current version, you can end up in an endless loop of failure in trying to get the toolbars fixed. CC3MenuConfig.exe also uses the file online.cfg, so having an outdated version of online.cfg also will take you nowhere with CC3MenuConfig.exe.
  • Thanks guys, i was trying to locate buttons that apparently don't come with the version I have. Was able to prove the application was at least running using Task Manager.