Tempest Shrine map

My campaign's cleric only plays with us in the fall and winter (he's a landscaper) so i play an NPC cleric during this time to fill the NEED for a healer and am playing MY character Dwarf Cleric of Auril, Glory Battlefair - you may have seen her pic, i posted here somewhere, or its on the website. anyway.....So, i wanted to incorporate each player's backstories into their quests related to the main plot of the campaign, which IS the dying forests in Vane and their search for the God of the Forest. But since they decided to jump ahead and being it's cold in the region my players literally "jumped" to, i decided to introduce my players to Glory's goddess Auril and her twin Tempest (in my homebrew pantheon).

So, my players are in search of the The Sword of Storms, which has been magically bound to a pedestal at the shrine. I am hoping they actually MAKE it to this shrine...as i am now working on a trail map for the possible giant encounter before getting here. But i saw a really nice temple map on the CG and was inspired to come up with this :)

Deep in The Gale Woods through which the Hilkenithel Pass can be reached, off the main trail, is the abandoned Tempest Shrine. Tempest, a minor goddess, The Storm Lady as she is sometimes known as, was worshiped here along with her twin, Auril the Goddess of Winter. The Hilkenithel Peaks have been constantly riddled with storms, mostly cold, biting sleet and snow. The people of the the region have been abandoned by the twins because they have not come to pray at the Tempest Shrine, the said birth place of Tempest, herself. The problem is, giants have come into the region and the people fear them, just as much as the twins. Many have attempted to get to the shrine, but never have returned. The goddesses, young and fickle in nature, have abandoned them, even though they hear small whispers of prayers scattered about the region. My players have been warned of the rumors of giants, as nobody alive in Mellalune has actually seen them.....

Comments