Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorTriphos
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2016 edited

Hi,

I just picked up Perspectives 3 and I'm having trouble with the grid and snap settings. The dots of the grid, that the floor and wall tools are snapping to, is about an 8th of a square off of the isometric grid overlay. It's not enough to make the program unusable, but it's really throwing me off. Any suggestions on how to line the two grids up, or have the tools snap to the lines instead of the dots?

I've included a picture that will hopefully illustrate what I'm talking about, you can see that the grid dots aren't at the corners of the drawn grid.

Thanks for your time.
      Capture10.PNG
    • CommentAuthorjslayton
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2016

If you save the file, exit CC3+, and then restart CC3+, does the grid align then?
    • CommentAuthorTriphos
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2016

No, nothing changes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2016 edited

I ran into the same problem. They mostly went away when I right-clicked the Grid button and chose the Isometric 5' grid option. Also, when you set up your grid overlay, do you make sure the Draw options for the snap settings are selected? Checking those options [should] make the drawing grid (the dots) line up with the grid overlay.

(Click the images for larger versions)

I'm unclear why "Centers" seems to line up with both the center and the corner of the grid overlay. It's just what seems to happen right now. It may be a bug or it may simply be because of the isometric grid — I haven't really looked into it on a normal square grid. But, there you have it.

I hope that helps,
    ~Dogtag
    • CommentAuthorTriphos

Whenever I create a new map, the "set snap grid" options that fixed it in your case are greyed out and unable to be toggled. Is there some other setting that prevents me from changing those options?

Thank you for the help, btw, it looks like it will fix my problems once I can access the setting.
      Capture11.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

Okay, that seems weird. When you create a new map, are you using a pre-defined template, or are you choosing the settings for yourself? Perhaps that has something to do with it. I rarely use pre-defined templates.
    • CommentAuthorTriphos

I just use File > New and then select Perspectives > Decide settings myself > Pick a map style (I've tried several different styles and get the same issue with all of them) > Set the size.

When I get to the next screen, grid overlay is off by default so I turn it on. This enables the "Grid setting" button, and I attached a screenshot of the default settings it gives me when it pops up.

On the grid setting screen I change the option to Isometric, the spacing to 5, and that's all I can select.

I've tried going through the Overland and Dungeon map types and the grid settings window always gives me these exact same defaults.
      Capture22.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

Ah. Ignore the grid options in the New Map Wizard. When you finish the wizard and the new map loads, select Draw>Hex or Square Overlay from the menu bar.
    • CommentAuthorTriphos

It works! Thank you so much, that was insanely frustrating.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

Woo-hoo!   I'm glad I could help.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
    Hi peeps, I hope this is not a dead thread but I am having the same issue with perspectives and I cannot get it to straighten up and work. see attached.
      wonky grid.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2018

Seems like a genuine bug. The snap grid is actually fine, but the visual grid draw on the screen isn't. You can see that the top corner of each grid "square" doesn't align with the bottom corner, they should be right above each other.

I've reported this to ProFantasy so they can look into it.
    Thank you monsen, I thought I was going crazy!
    Monsen, did profantsy give any idea on timings. Just that I really want to dig in but the grid throws me off too much and my brain doesn't like not having the grid 😭
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2018

No. Timing is always difficult, too many variable affecting it.

In the mean time, you can draw the grid manually. If you first create the grid the regular way, then delete the grid drawn on the screen. This will leave just the snap grid, which does work fine. Then, set the GRID sheet and HEX/SQUARE GRID layer active, and draw each grid line using the line tool. The snap grid should help you do this quickly. Just freeze the HEX/SQUARE GRID layer when done.
    Thank you so much for the work around, now all I need is for my 8 month old baby to go to sleep so I can play 😂