Symbols choose own sheet

I have this checked but symbols still aren't choosing their owns sheets, it is changing it back to the SYMBOLS sheet every time. Any ideas?

Comments

• LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    I'm not an expert on this, but I think its doing exactly what you told it to do, since the SYMBOLS sheet is the one that all symbols will go to.

If you move them to other sheets then its best to name those other sheets things like "SYMBOLS trees", and "SYMBOLS houses", just to make sure they stay there.

That's as I understand it anyway :)
  • If you want the symbols you place to be on the different sheets you are using, you need to UNCHECK the option 'symbols choose their own sheet'. That's why they keep ending g up on the symbols sheet...because you have that option checked.

Also, each time you open cc3+, you want to make sure that box is still unchecked. Some times the program will revert to default.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited July 2016
    Loopysue is correct here.

To elaborate a little bit. Almost all symbols have a defined sheet they will go to. For most symbols, this is set to "SYMBOLS *" (This is defined in the symbol catalog). When the 'Symbols choose own sheet' options is checked, symbols will obey this, which means most symbols will be placed on the SYMBOLS sheet. If you wish to put them on the current sheet instead, this option needs to be unchecked.
    Note the little asterisk (*) in "SYMBOLS *" however. What this means is that the symbol will go to the current sheet IF it starts with SYMBOLS (like Loopysue's examples), but if the current sheet does not start with SYMBOLS, it will go to the main SYMBOLS sheet.
  • Oops, Remy.... Looks like you and I posted at the same time. Your explanation is better, though :-).
  • Well doh! Here my dumbass self was interpreting that totally bass-ackwards! Must need more coffee!
  • One of the Annuals has clouds, which go to their own sheet.