Update 8 for CC3+ problems...

Hello,

after updating CC3+ to 3.74 with update #8
I get the error message:
on start and effects do not work anymore...

Some suggestions?
/André

Comments

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    It is most likely a corrupted effects.dll file. It's also possible that there was a permissions problem when installing and the main fcw32.exe program and the effects.dll files aren't in sync. If you look at Help>>About in your main menu, what's the version number?
  • Where do you find Update #8? The latest I see in my Downloads & Updates tab is Update #7.
  • Thank you Joe for your reply.
    My version Number shown was 3.74.
    2-3 days ago CC3+ worked fine with update 7.
    So I uninstalled update 8 and reinstalled update 7 - but the error continued to show up.
    I did a complete reinstall of CC3+ without getting rid of the error.

My solution: I recovered an older state of my operating system (which is Win 7 Pro) and did a complete reinstall of CC3+ and now it works fine.
    I did Windows Update, installed all the updates and it still works - I was a little bit afraid that one of the Windows updates caused the error CC3+ error - but it did not.
    For about two weeks ago I got the DIBits error Message (can't get pixels or something like this) when rendering images - even that error has disappeared and rendering of big images (e.g. 6000 pixel x6000 pixel) works again.

So the update 8 is ok...the state of my operating system was not...