Vintyri Cartographic Collection, Bogie's Mapping Objects & CSUAC Cartographic Collection

Are these three distinct and different mapping objects, graphics, symbols, bitmaps?

Can all three be installed alongside each other?

Is there a specific order they need to be installed in.

I'm installing on a Macbook Pro, and the Bogie, as stated, auto install doesn't work, but the link for the manual download doesn't appear to be working.

Dave

Comments

• My apologies, the link for the Mac/Linux file is now working.

Dave
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Mark knows this better than me, and can probably give you a better more complete answer in the morning, but I suspect he is sound asleep right now, it is in the middle of the night after all.

Anyhow, yes, all three can be installed alongside each other.
    I know the Bogie package includes toolbar additions for all three of these collections, so I suspect the best order to install things in would be to do that one last, so probably CSUAC, Vintyri, then Bogie would be the best order.
  • Thanks @Monsen, appreciate your help.

Dave
  • seycyrusseycyrus Traveler
    edited July 2016
    Because I had to reinstall Windows 7 last week, I just did a fresh install of CC3+, CD3+, DD3+, Symbol Sets 1-4 (for CC3+), CSUAC, Bogie Objects and Vintyri Collection. This was all done for CC3+.

My order was
    1) CC3+
    2) CD3+
    3) DD3+
    4) Shessar Fireplaces
    5) SS1,SS2,SS3,SS4 (all symbol sets for CC3+)
    6) CC3+ updates 6,7,8
    7) CSUAC
    8) Bogie Objects
    9) Vintyri Collection

I believe everything is working correctly. It is sort hard to tell since there is a lot of new functionality. There are no obvious crashes or anything.

EDIT: I would follow Monsen's install order (at least regarding CSUAC,VC and BO install order). I am not sure if things are quite working correctly for me. It seems like pressing certain buttons (CC3+ , CD3+ or DD3+) activates certain buttons, while pressing others brings up different buttons. Again, I'm not sure what is SUPPOSED to be happening.
  • VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    Posted By: MonsenMark knows this better than me, and can probably give you a better more complete answer in the morning, but I suspect he is sound asleep right now, it is in the middle of the night after all.

Anyhow, yes, all three can be installed alongside each other.
    I know the Bogie package includes toolbar additions for all three of these collections, so I suspect the best order to install things in would be to do that one last, so probably CSUAC, Vintyri, then Bogie would be the best order.
    Remy is right on all counts, including that I was sleeping an excellent sleep.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited July 2016
    For what it's worth, CC3 & CC3+ updates are cumulative, so you only need to install the latest update to get all previous fixes and enhancements.

Cheers,
    ~ Dogtag
  • Thank you everyone for commenting. I'm installing CC3 in addition to CC3+ because all my back annuals don't appear to have been updated yet...
  • seycyrusseycyrus Traveler
    @BoomerET

I plan on reinstalling CC3 as well as CC3+, but figured that it would be easier to test the CSUAC,VC and BC (maybe we can up with a collective name for these?) with CC3+ because it is a smaller (quicker) install process and therefore easier to narrow down any problems.
  • Yes, the update of the Annuals is a work in progress. Profantasy is working on it.
  • Thanks @JimP

I've owned CC3 since 2013, and am just starting to attempt to learn how to use it.

I have the Tome of Mapping, but somebody suggested to start with the Annuals, as that's how he taught himself.

I think I'll take a stab at ToM first, then start on some Annuals.

Again, I'd like to thank the community here, been very cordial. I appreciate it.

Dave
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    The ToUM is a good place to start. The annuals are great but they are not designed to teach you to use the software. One word about the Tome. There are one or two typos or small errors that might make you think you did something wrong when you did not. If you follow the tutorials but still hit a snag, check the forum to see if anyone else hit the same snag and if someone posted a correction. Such errors are very very few and far between — I think I remember two or three, total — I just want you to know just in case.

I think you'll have a blast. Following the tutorials is both educational and fun, not to mention really rewarding. You'll end up making a couple of very nice maps in the process!

Happy mapping,
    ~Dogtag
  • My CC2 maps were bare bones maps for gaming. Hopefully my CC3 and CC3+ maps are better.