CA3 for CC3+ Toolbars are invisible

So I had to uninstall my entire CC3+ program and the add ons. I have reinstalled everything fine and then i installed CA3 for CC3+. It works fine but my toolbars are invisible. If i hold my mouse over where the seem to be the info pops up and if i randomly click in that area, i got to the different menus. Anyone? I know there's been an issue with the CC3MenuConfig.exe file. Anyone? Boy this sure has turned into a serious project just for the latest CC3+ update (however, i suppose something MUST have been installed improperly on MY system for it to not have worked and caused such mischief with my system)

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited July 2016
    Does rebooting your computer help?

If not, I hate to say this, but you should probably run the update or, if you already did, run it again.

~Dogtag
  • OH MY GOD. This update has been the BANE OF MY EXISTENCE ever since downloading it (ok, so since yesterday). I'm attempting to "repair" CA3 since that was the culprit. The program seemed to be fine until then.
  • And....that didn't do it. Okay, back to run the update again. Why? Why????
    edited July 2016
    Which update did you run? Update 6? Because that's been out for quite a while now.
  • Yes Six. I have been using version 3.71. For some reason i didn't do the update. Not sure why, but here i am scratching my head. Well, actually i reinstalled the update and that seems to have worked. My CA3 toolbar and Menu are in their rightful places. I now cringe at doing the CSUAC and Bogie's symbols again. I have to double check with Mark though, since i removed the CC3+ program and reinstalled it, I don't know which Bogie's symbols to download and install since I was a beta tester. Don't know if there are any "remnants" of those symbols that a full new user download would screw around with. My heart just cannot take another system restore and then complete reinstallation.
    Well, I'm glad the update worked, at least.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag

P.S. You may want to steel yourself for Update 7, which I'm willing to bet we'll be seeing soon.
  • VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    Posted By: DogtagYou may want to steel yourself for Update 7, which I'm willing to bet we'll be seeing soon.
    Don't steel yourself for it. Sit on the edge of your chair in eager anticipation instead. Update 7 really sings, and it moves us one step closer to that long-desired release version and the end of early adopter days ... which we're still in.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Update 7 is available now from everybody's registration pages, together with the full release setup for Perspectives 3.
  • *Gulp* oh i hope this works. Update 6 was not my friend. Me and version 3.71 were very happy together before 3.72 came along. Fingers crossed (well if i reinstalled everything correctly in theory there shouldn't be an issue....*gulp*)
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Best of luck Lorelei, although I'm sure you will be fine. I just did mine, and it all went extremely well.

Thank you guys :-)
    Posted By: Lorelei*Gulp* oh i hope this works. Update 6 was not my friend. Me and version 3.71 wereveryhappy together before 3.72 came along. Fingers crossed (well if i reinstalled everything correctly in theory there shouldn't be an issue....*gulp*)
    Hopefully the issues with Update 6 were a fluke. It happens with computers, sometimes. Vintyri is right, of course. My earlier joke aside, Update 7 makes some important fixes and helps to stabilize the program even more.

Cheers!
    ~Dogtag
  • 1 month later
  • I have precisely the same issue with CA3 for CC3plus.

I am running Windows 10 Pro x64 with the latest updates (release 1607). I have performed a complete wipe (including from registry) and clean installation of CC3plus version 3.74. I felt compelled to do this in order to resolve compatibility issues with some of the add-ons, and hopefully get them resolved.

I have installed add-ons (these only) in the following order: DD3, CD3 and CA3 (for CC3plus). The icon bars and menus for CC3plus, DD3 and CD3 all seem to be appearing and performing correctly. Following the installation of CA3, I noticed that the CA3 icon bars and menus are not the same is indicated in the documentation. And I have the same situation as Lorelei: clicking on the spot where a CA3 icon should be does its proper function; I just can't see the icons. Shown in the image 'CC3p_no_CA_icons.png' (in zip file) are the icon bars with the CA3 add-on selected.

Also, after installing the CA3 add-on, the Tools->Add Ons menu is cluttered up with multiple Character Artist 3 entries as well as Dioramas, Cosmographer and SS3 Modern, none of which are installed. This is shown in the 'CC3P_improper_AddOns_menu.png' image. I believe the offending file is ca3.mnu, which has these entries.

I have a fair number of additional add-ons, but I am hesitant to install them until this issue is resolved. I know that some of the 3rd-party add-ons have similar issues. During this installation I was very cautious, following the installation instructions precisely (run as Admin, no virus checker, etc.) and I also made a copy of the all files and the System folder in the root $DATADIR$ following the initial CC3Plus installation, and for each subsequent add-on. Please let me know if you would like to see these files for trouble-shooting purposes.

Thanks.
  • Posted By: zaleksfI noticed that the CA3 icon bars and menus are not the same is indicated in the documentation. And I have the same situation as Lorelei: clicking on the spot where a CA3 icon should be does its proper function; I just can't see the icons.
    Ordinarily I would suggest running CC3MenuConfig.exe, but that will cause another problem in this case (see below). Instead, however, you could use the Windows Notepad to open the file named ca3.mnu. This file is in (Data Folders)\Profantasy\CC3Plus. Once the file is open, check to see if this line is there:

#422,CA:[Character Menu]{~|CMENU @system\ca.mnc;}~|SYMICONFLOAD;CA3;MENUDM @ca3.mnu;

And also if these lines are there:

#601,ca3fullmonsters:[Full Monster Figures]{|CMENU @SYSTEM\CA3Catalogs.mnc;}|CATALOG @/Symbols/CharacterArtist/CA3/CA3 Full Monsters.FSC;
    #602,ca3magic:[Magic]{|CMENU @SYSTEM\CA3Catalogs.mnc;}||CATALOG @symbols\CharacterArtist\CA3\Magic\CA3 Magic.fsc;
    #603,ca3weapons:[Weapons]{|CMENU @SYSTEM\CA3Catalogs.mnc;}|CATALOG @symbols\CharacterArtist\CA3\CA3 Weapons.fsc;

If any of them are missing, copy and paste them in.
    after installing the CA3 add-on, the Tools->Add Ons menu is cluttered up with multiple Character Artist 3 entries as well as Dioramas, Cosmographer and SS3 Modern, none of which are installed. This is shown in the 'CC3P_improper_AddOns_menu.png' image. I believe the offending file is ca3.mnu, which has these entries.
    I'm glad you brought this up. This came up in beta reports when we were testing Vols. 1 and 3 of the Dundjinni Archives. There is an important line of code missing in a ProFantasy file called online.cfg that causes this problem. I meant to report this to ProFantasy and forgot. But I did send a message off to Ralf and Remy today, telling them what the cause and the cure are. I assume that the problem will be fixed soon.
    I've fixed the problem in the menu configuration file. Please re-run the latest update for CC3+ (it retrieves the latest menu config from our server during installation) and see whether that fixes things for you.
  • Hello folks:

I just confirmed that file ca3.mnu already contains the proper contents of lines marked with #422, #601, #602, #603.

Should I run a current (newest) version of update 8 for CC3+, even if CC3+ is already at version 3.74?

Thanks.
  • Hi zaleksf! Yes, when installing any add-ons, you should always run the most current update as the final step. This is will fix anything that may be outdated from the add-ons.
    Posted By: zaleksfShould I run a current (newest) version of update 8 for CC3+, even if CC3+ is already at version 3.74?
    Yes.

Running the update retrieves the file online.cfg from our server (which I have corrected) and runs CC3MenuConfig.exe which fixes all mnu files based on the content of online.cfg. That way changes can be done to the menus without messing with the content of the update.
  • Ah - thanks for the info! I had assumed that since I had downloaded and installed the latest version of CC3+ (3.74) that I would not need to run an update for version 3.74.

I'll run the update when I get home from work and let you know what happens.

Thanks, again.
  • JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited September 2016
    I found a mistake... could be my error. I ran the vol1 set up then the update to it. I followed the directions in the pdf.

This is what the mnc file says:

Arctic:|CATALOG @Symbols\Dundjinni Archives\BL11_Overland Covers\BL11_arctic.FSC;

This is the name of the folder:

C:\ProFantasy\CC3Plus\Symbols\Dundjinni Archives\BL10_OverlandSymbols

Only BL9_Modern and BL10_OverlandSymbols under CC3Plus\Symbols\Dundjinni Archives

No other folders under the Dundjinni Archives folders.

No .fsc files under BL(_Modern folder, just pngs. Attached png shows all of items under BL10_Overland Symbols
  • Taken to private E-Mail.
  • JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited September 2016
    I'll try again. And post what happens.
  • Running the CC3PlusUpdate8.exe app fixed the 'invisible' CA3 icons issue - Thanks!

I will run the CC3PlusUpdate8.exe app following the installation of each add-on.

Cheers
  • I don't typically need to disable my anti-virus program... I had to this time.

I now have the BL11_Overland Covers folder with fsc files and fsc files are now in BL10_Overland Symbols.

No fsc files in the BL9_Modern folder. But the pngs look to all be there.
  • Greetings. Jim!

If I understand you right, you have installed both Vol. 1 and Vol. 3 of the Dundjinni Archives.

The BL10 and BL11 objects are overland objects and come from Vol. 1. Vol. 1 can run independently, without the CSUAC 2.

The BL9 (Modern/SciFi) objects come from Vol. 3. This volume does not run independently. The CSUAC 2 must be installed before installing Vol. 3, and Vol. 3 then integrates directly into the CSUAC 2, but only if the Vol. 3 installation follows the CSUAC 2 installation.

After installing both the CSUAC 2 and Vol. 3, you should find 30 BL9 catalog files (.fsc) in:

(Data Folders)\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Symbols\CSUAC_2\BL9_Modern (see screen shot)

Have you looked there?

Beyond that, is there something that appears to be not working?

Servus,

Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri Project
    bl9.png 310.7K
  • Hmm... I have BL9_Modern in Bosth CSUAC_2 and under Dundjinni Archives folders. The 30 fsc files are under BL9_Modern under CSUAC_2.

Have to run, I'll be back in a few hours.
  • Posted By: JimPHmm... I have BL9_Modern in Bosth CSUAC_2 and under Dundjinni Archives folders. The 30 fsc files are under BL9_Modern under CSUAC_2.
    Good. But let's go back now to the main question. Is there something that's not working? If so, what is it?
  • Everything looks to be there, I checked all icons in CC3 for Dundjinni and CSUAC_2.