Drawing window out of bounds

I minimized my drawing window, and the toolbar is not visible. All I have is a big empty green square where my drawing used to be. How can I get it back?

I
help.png 627.4K

Comments

• Its not on the bottom left of the green screen?
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    edited July 2016
    I'm sorry Ithril. We are here with you -reading your problem, its just that we don't know what to suggest next. I hope Lorelei was able to help?

Maybe I'm wrong to interrupt here, but the title of your thread makes me want to ask you if you have clicked zoom to extents. I know that won't do anything for your missing bar, but it might just get you your picture back for a start.
  • That wont work to exapnd the mapping area back. Your command line as 'entity' on it. CC3 is waiting for text input. I suggest the escape key or closing CC3 and then clicking on the map, not CC3, and when the map loads from your hard drive CC3 mapping window will reopen properly.

If that doesn't work, I suggest contacting Profantasy tech support.
  • IthrilIthril Traveler
    Yeah... tried everything I could think of. I've even removed all of the toolbars leaving me with a green window with literally nothing else in it, and there is nothing else in it.
    When I break something, I do it well.

I
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited July 2016
    Well, that would be frustrating. Are you still having this problem?

Try this:
    1. Select View>Windows>View Sets... from the menu bar.
      The Drawing View Sets dialog displays.
    2. Select the first view in the list, and then click OK. There's probably only one view, called unnamed, and it's probably already selected.
      The dialog box closes and your map window should re-maximize into the main drawing area.
    If it works as hoped, save! SAVE! SAVE!

I'm just sayin'.

I hope that helps,
    ~Dogtag
    edited July 2016
    Ithril

Have you been having this problem since you uploaded your new map to that ephotobay.com place?

Just asking (and I'm not saying this is your fault or anything) because my machine has been playing up ever since I went there to have a look at it.

I'm having all kinds of giant and tiny text problems with my email right now, and have been since I went there. I'm beginning to wonder if this might hve any bearing on the way your map is behaving in CC3?
  • IthrilIthril Traveler
    Dogtag; excellent suggestion, but I've tried that. Nothing.

Loopysue, no. I've used that site a long time to host a lot of pictures and renders (you are all welcomed to look around), and it hasn't ever given my any trouble with my browser or other programs.

I
    edited July 2016
    One of the others - anyone who's seen more than I have of the things you can do with CC3+ may yet come up with a suggestion that works for you, but I don't think any of us would think worse of you if you reported it as a possible bug. I mean - it can't be fun sitting there twiddling your thumbs, right?
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Did you try View -> Windows -> New as well?

If that doesn't/didn't work, mind posting the problematic drawing here (publicly or privately to me)? Not sure if I can do anything, but I can at least have a look.
  • IthrilIthril Traveler
    Yes, I've tried that also. I will have to send it as an e-mail to you, the file is 2 mg, and I can't load it here.

I
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    edited July 2016
    We've been able to fix the problem by one of the best methods to repair a broken drawing. I'll post the method here for reference:

- Create a new drawing in the same style as the original one - the size does not matter.
    - Make sure you show all sheets and show and thaw all layers.
    - Erase everything on the map.
    - Import the old map into the new via Draw > Insert File. Set the insertion point at 0,0 when asked where to place the file.
    - Hide and freeze the TEMPLATE layer again.

This will normally take care of instances of a corrupted coordinate system and vanished drawing area.
  • Outstanding ! Thanks Ralf !
    Oh yes. That's brilliant. Did you get your map back Ithril?
  • IthrilIthril Traveler
    Yes, I was able to recover it, and they even sent a recovered copy back to me in case I was unable to affect the repairs.

I am very grateful to Monsen and Ralf for their work and dedication to help me with my trouble.

Once again, Profantasy has proven their worth to me in providing an excellent program and excellent customer service/tech support.

I
    They really are a wonderful bunch of people Ithril, and its good to hear that all is well with your map :)