New CC3+ and old DD3 and CD3

Hi, i have a question.
I brought CC3 with City Designer 3 e Dungeons Designer 3
Buying new CC3+ can i use DD3 and CD3 with this version?

Comments

• VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    Yes and No.

You can download free the updated CC3+ versions of both. There are 8 easy steps:

1. Go to: http://www.profantasy.com.

2. Assuming you're already registered, click Service/Login and Register.

3. Click Downloads & Updates.

4. Go to the Downloads Column for City Designer 3 and Dungeon Designer 3.

5. Click the arrow in that column that points downwards, one add-on at a time.

6. Download the CC3+ version of each.

7. Install.

8. Have fun ... and a happy weekend.
  • Oh, thanks!

In CD3 i have also:
    - Ultra high resolution artwork
    - Random City Command for CD3

and in DD3:
    - Shessar's fireplace symbols
    - Vista and Windows 7 corridor fix

I have to (can) install it in CC3+?
    I use windows 10.
  • VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    In the CC3 version, the VH symbols for CD3 were a separate download. They're included in the CC3+ version download.

Someone else will have to answer about the Random City Command. I've forgotten what the CC3+ status is with that.

Shessar's stuff (not just her fireplaces) is available in CC3+ versions at:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0By55A6vZvYqZYUlOcHFGUV9kVDg&usp=sharing

I don't know about the window and corridor fix. Forgot there was such a thing.

You can install everything under Windows 10.

Happy weekend.
  • I didn't know Shessar's stuff had been updated for cc3 +. I will have to get those now.
  • The Random City command does not work in cc3+, much to my great disappointment. I know they are working on the annuals for cc3+, but i have not heard mention of updating Random City....which i LOVE. It is VERY helpful to those of use with little to no knowledge of designing the layout of an actual, believable city streep map, in my opinion.
  • Unfortunately, my fireplaces are not yet available for CC3+. Ralf wrote the installer for me since that is above my skill level and I don't want to bother him with it until all of the official things are done.

I can't release them separately because some use ProFantasy bitmaps and Simon asked that I only release those through the PF site. The ones that use art from the Dundjini users are available on the Dundjini forums. Just do a username search for Shessar and they should turn up there.

Once all of the annuals and add-ons have been updated, I'll bug Ralf to help me out again.
  • 1 month later
  • Just a newbie question : Do I have to install CC3 AND cc3+ in order to make work every features? As not all is compatible yet with CC3+.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited August 2016
    All the ProFantasy symbol sets and add-ons, except for Cosmographer and Dioramas, have been updated to work with CC3+. If you purchased them, you can download the CC3+ compatible versions from your registration page. Likewise, if you subscribed to the 2015 and 2016 annuals, they all work with CC3+ (except, possibly, the June issue of the 2015 annual — I can't remember if that was updated).

All annuals prior to 2015 are still incompatible with CC3+ and they do require CC3 to work. The good news is that CC3 and CC3+ can both be installed on your system and will both work just fine. That said, one of the most popular annual styles, designed by Herwin Wielink, is now bundled as part of CC3+.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • 3 months later
  • As part of my question was addressed previously here. I recently upgraded to CC3+. When I wen't to create a city map I noticed that the default roads and roofs looked nothing like they do in CC3. The roads in my CC3+ are blocks, not cobblestone and my thatched roofs appears more yellowish blocks to the more defined thatch from CC3. I was wondering if I missed something in the install of CD3 update to CC3+?

Thanks for any help.
  • No you should look through all the symbols and symbol catalogs to find the types of symbols that will appeal to your taste. If that is what you are referring to. There are tons.
  • The cobblestone roads would be bitmap fills, not symbols. At least I haven't seen any cobblestone road symbols.

There are some SMC connecting symbols that have cobblestones between the outer part of the walls. No idea which symbol set or add-on that is in.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited November 2016
    Was this on a map started in CC3? If so, This happens because CC3+ doesn't use the different fill style resolutions of old CC3 maps correctly. What you need to do is to open the map, type FFIX on the command line, and hit enter, then save the map. You may need to restart CC3+ after that.

This command changes path references from CC3 style to CC3+ style, to take the new data directory into account. Note that once this is done, the map won't work properly in CC3 anymore, this change is a one-way street.
  • Posted By: MonsenWas this on a map started in CC3? If so, This happens because CC3+ doesn't use the different fill style resolutions of old CC3 maps correctly. What you need to do is to open the map, type FFIX on the command line, and hit enter, then save the map. You may need to restart CC3+ after that.

This command changes path references from CC3 style to CC3+ style, to take the new data directory into account. Note that once this is done, the map won't work properly in CC3 anymore, this change is a one-way street.
    Thanks I had not thought I had started it in CC3, but I must have. That appears to have fixed the problem.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Note that if this appear on a map started in CC3+, you can also try clicking the Display Speed button and changing the setting from automatic to manual, some times maps selects the wrong resolution, which can also cause a similar problem.