Stubborn grids

I have created a new layer in the Errispa 4 map called "Untouchable", with the intention of putting everything that's finished on it and then protecting it, so that I don't end up accidentally deleting or moving anything that should stay exactly where it is. This worked fine with the four different sheets of ocean I use, which are now perfectly safe and still visible, but after I added a grid to the map so that I could use it to start working out the distance between camp sites for the expedition trail while I was working, then moved it to the Untouchable layer, then protected the layer, I was still able to select the grid - shown selected by accident in the screen shot below.

Is this a particular quality of grids - that they just won't allow themselves to be moved between layers and protected, or am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Grids are grouped entities and Groups are always selectable, independent from the Layer status, because they can extend across multiple layers.

To protect the Grid, consider either ungrouping (Tools > Groups > Ungroup) it if you want to do it semi-permanently, or use the LocK/Unlock button on the lower right as a temporary measure. While groups are Unlocked, the entities will adhere to the layer status.

Hope that helps.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Ah Ha!

The things you say are always helpful, Ralf.

You have just saved me going around and around in ever decreasing circles all afternoon just messing around with the grid!

Thank you *-)