Bug in Shopping Cart system

I purchased SS1 V3 back in July of 2007. When I logged in this morning to buy the 2009 annual, it excitedly told me about V3 of SS1 Overland. I bought it this morning, then realized that I already own it.

The problem is that the original purchase is listed (and registered) as "Symbol Set 1 Overland". I looked at my registered products list, and saw that I didn't own 'v3', so bought it. I didn't notice the problem until I started a download and saw that my CC3 storage folder already has a SS1 V3 directory.

Now I have it twice -- but only once is listed in registrations as "Symbol Set 1 V3 Overland".

You should probably unify the naming, and do whatever else needs to be done to make the cart not tell people that new versions are available when they are actually just renamed...

Thanks,
Loyd

Comments

• sdavies2720sdavies2720 Traveler
    edited December 2008
    I've almost been caught by this a couple of times. Once you put the new version into the list, it goes away, but I agree it's confusing/misleading.

Steve
  • I just went in to the registration page to download the manual, and see that I have a suggestion to buy "City Designer 3 Hardcopy." It took me a minute to realize that it is the DVD version. But I already have the DVD, and my CD3 is listed in the registration page.

Steve