Symbols blurry/distorted after map export

Hi, I used Dungeon Designer 3 to create a dungeon map. When I was finished, it looked pretty good and everything was clear even when I zoomed in. However, when I tried to export it as a png and viewed it, after I zoomed in the symbols were all pixelated and blurry. I need them to be clear because I'm going to use the map in fantasy grounds and will have to be zoomed in to move miniatures around. Is there a recommended (a la carte) way to make the maps very clear even at a zoomed in level? Please explain in great detail, I'm a little new to the software.

Comments

• How big is the map and what resolution are you saving the png? When i upload a map to Roll20 I first save it at the highest resolution possible that my system let's me before crashing. Depending on how much detail is in the map i can get pretty high res, giving me a map at sometimes like 35-50MB. Then i scale that awesome res file down to somewhere around 5MB so it can be uploaded to Roll20. Hope that helps :)
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited June 2016
    For virtual tabletops, a good rule of thumb is to export the map with a resolution of 10 pixels per map unit (e.g. 1 foot or 1 meter on the map). Perhaps the info in this thread can help.

Note: Remember that "pixels per inch" is meaningless for image exports like PNG or JPG (not just for CC3 but any time you export or resize an image on a computer). Pixels (or dots) per inch is only useful for paper output and, even then, CC3 can do the proper calculations based on map units.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag